Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Great, now I need to find a way to have it fixed, which will be fun considering I work during business hours >_>

Does anyone know what other CL9 recalls there have been? I have no idea if my car has had them fixed, might as well get it all done at the same time if there are any outstanding ones...

The issue with the hose is that it may leak. Very minor cases have been reported here in Australia.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Its sad to hear a reliable Honda got these issues. Who knows what are the issues existing in our CU2 as well. Honda will realise and recall in anotehr 5-8yrs time..

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Its sad to hear a reliable Honda got these issues. Who knows what are the issues existing in our CU2 as well. Honda will realise and recall in anotehr 5-8yrs time..
    Parts only show faults with use and over time. So as time goes on with wear and tear then the parts give up and break. Each new model car, any car company developes only to a extent and its up to buyers to test the theories out until some parts break. So its good they will fix the part with a replacement.

Like aircraft, they modify and improve things once they find issues. E.G Qantas A380 and Rolls Royce Trent 900 engines. It took an oil leak to get a modify engine revision parts to improve the powerplant.
    To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    The issue with the hose is that it may leak. Very minor cases have been reported here in Australia.
    Phil.Is there anything we need to look for on the hose?cracks?It's going to be quite a wait to get it replaced as the recall applies to all CL9s!

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Quote Originally Posted by lor012 View Post
    i think my hose only got repaired...not replaced when it went on mine...i cant remember..
    ... and stupid question... but will they be contacting the original owner.. or will they somehow now if you've bought it second hand lol...
    They will contact the original owner if they registered their details when they first bought the car. When you bought the car you should have filled out the reply paid letter at the back of the service logbook with 'Change of Registered Owner' details and sent it off to their customer care. If you didn't do that you won't get a letter because obviously there is no way they would know who owns the car now...

It's not too late though, you can fill out the form now and still use the actual date you purchased the car. I would say Honda is meticulous enough to keep track of which chassis have been fitted with the new hose as it is all logged and computerised by the dealers these days. If you don't get the letter, you can always sign up at www.HondaONE.com.au with the same details. Once everything has been approved by Honda Aus online membership will also make it easier to update your details in the future.

I called Southside Honda in the Gabba yesterday and they said they still have not heard official word from Honda with what repairs are required and they will not be doing any (free) work unless you can present the letter from Honda Australia.

I'm not too worried about my car, it has gone this long with no problems and no one has been worried about their car about to explode until the recall was announced...suddenly every vehicle is a time bomb? I don't think so. From http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in...itemId/1001465 :

"Prolonged high under-bonnet temperatures may cause the power steering hose to deteriorate prematurely and may cause the hose to crack and leak power steering fluid."

There are very specific conditions for the hose to even deteriorate, let alone crack. To cause a fire would mean a LOT of holes in the Swiss cheese would have to have lined up and I would be very surprised if this ever happened by accident to a properly maintained and driven Euro.
    Last edited by chuboy; 31-03-2011 at 11:34 AM.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    cheers for that chuboy, just signed up to hondaone

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    No probs...once you sign up they will verify your details with the ones that they have on file for the VIN that you enter, so make sure that you know they know. If you haven't, they may try and contact you to verify but if you don't/can't take their call then they will not upgrade you to the more useful 'Gold Membership' and after that it becomes a hassle to get it. So better to be safe than sorry and just send the little card if you bought second hand, it is reply paid so you don't even need to scrimp and save for a stamp
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Just gave my local honda dealer a call and they basically updated all my information over the phone.

Also I just booked mine in they have to order the part from Honda and said it would take 2-3 days to come in so im assuming its coming from Japan not normal for something made locally to take so long.

I booked mine in for early next week tried my luck to get a free rental car while its getting fixed and had no chance. They said it was about 3 hours work.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Accor Euro
    Just registered on HondaONE. Hope they will process the details and will send the letter of notification about recall.
    I went to local HOnda dealer in Frankston today and they confirmed that they are aware about recall and said it will take about 2 hrs to replace the part. Told me to come when I'll receive the letter.
    Lucky I found that you can register via HondaONE for this in this topic or otherwise I'll be waiting for my letter forever as I bought used card 6 months ago. I was actually thining they will use VicRoads database for Accord Euro owners to send the notofication letters.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I doubt the would use the state RTA for their recall for two reasons.

Due to privacy and the cost to request the information, each state has a different database so the would have to jump through state laws to get the information needed, it isn't just the car they need they need your address and name as minimum

Also when everyone buys a car they register it so they have their own database which they can access for next to no cost. They also are aware that some owners have sold their cars and not been updated so they have sent letters too everyone to the best of their knowledge still has the car the ownus is own the car owner to update the information if sold so the duty of care has been fulfilled by them using there database to send it out. They want to save money a recall is a costly exercise and they know 45,000 cars will not show up its only people who have read and can be bothered taking it in.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    No probs...once you sign up they will verify your details with the ones that they have on file for the VIN that you enter, so make sure that you know they know. If you haven't, they may try and contact you to verify but if you don't/can't take their call then they will not upgrade you to the more useful 'Gold Membership' and after that it becomes a hassle to get it. So better to be safe than sorry and just send the little card if you bought second hand, it is reply paid so you don't even need to scrimp and save for a stamp
    yea, i wish i had the little card but since i bought mine from the auctions it didnt come with any books or spare keys :/

hopefully registering with hondaone will be sufficient