Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by ricerockets View Post
    yea, i wish i had the little card but since i bought mine from the auctions it didnt come with any books or spare keys :/

hopefully registering with hondaone will be sufficient
    Have you tried calling up your dealer I had no troubles getting a booking all they wanted was my vin name address and phone number and it was sorted in 10 minutes or so

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Accord Euro Lux 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    They want to save money a recall is a costly exercise and they know 45,000 cars will not show up its only people who have read and can be bothered taking it in.
    Plus some cars have being crashed and written off. And some have found homes to third or more owners now.
    To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Have you tried calling up your dealer I had no troubles getting a booking all they wanted was my vin name address and phone number and it was sorted in 10 minutes or so
    yea i guess ill try that next but at the moment im more of a cbf mood lol, i guess ill address the problem when it comes lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Do recalls have an expiry date?

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    No, they don't. "A consumer who is in possession of a recalled product has rights under contract law to obtain a remedy from the supplier."

So long as Honda is still in business, they have to replace recalled parts.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Lux
    oh that's great timing.........6 weeks after I replaced mine with an aftermarket hose.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    Phil.Is there anything we need to look for on the hose?cracks?It's going to be quite a wait to get it replaced as the recall applies to all CL9s!
    Oil seapage especially around crimped sections. They wont just explode. Haven't seen many cases.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by DR HONDA View Post
    Oil seapage especially around crimped sections. They wont just explode. Haven't seen many cases.
    does this have any relation to the "squeeky steering wheel" mine does it "occasionally" and its annoying as the car has only travelled a mere 65000kms .... 06 model update

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I think it can potentially affect the power steering pump. The hose on mine was replaced a number of years ago due to leaking. Then earlier this year, I noticed squeeking noises from the power steering pump. I checked the fluid reservoir and found it almost empty so I took it in to the local dealer. They 'refurbished' the power steering pump and all seemed well. It even went back to the strange fluctuating assistance when steering. Late last week, the car was in at the dealer to investigate, amongst other things, a strange grrrrrrrr sound that happens when accelerating away from stand still. The dealer service staff reported that the noise came from the left front shock absorber that was leaking fluid and then they said, buy the way, your car now needs a new power steering pump. I reminded them that not long ago, I spent money on refurbising the pump at their suggestion but they just said; 'well now you need a new pump'. I think the hose leak can cause problems for the power steering pump.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

I read this recall on today's newspaper as well.

I better go check the steering fuild level.
    Last edited by tron07; 01-04-2011 at 10:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Honda could find you through the RTA if they wanted to.
    I received a recall in the mail last year for a 1997 Ford Explorer that I bought at the auctions.
    They had to replace the wiring for the cruise control because some cars had caught on fire.
    I bought my CL9 as a repairable write-off so I have no books or cards for it, but it is registered and therefore it is in the system, so Honda should come to me.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    Honda could find you through the RTA if they wanted to.
    Interesting. I thought this would be prevented by the Commonwealth Privacy Act. An ordinary citizen used to be able to go a registration authority to search the owner of a car after first having made all sorts of signed oath promises not to kill them. But then I thought that the Queen's Pleasure was taken away with the Commonwealth Privacy Act. Maybe big corporations get special deals to invade privacy; which Honda could probably get by claiming that Honda owners are their customer base.

The article I read in the local newspaper indicated that owners should contact Honda dealers. Presumably if they had not received a courtesy letter.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.