Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro auto standard
    Has anyone received a recall notice yet? I haven't. When can we expect one to arrive?
    Age and treatchery will always overcome youth and skill

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    Quote from the article

"Honda says it will advise owners of all affected vehicles by mail to contact an authorised Honda dealership to have the power steering feed hose replaced with an “improved component”."

The key words are that Honda will contact the owners by mail

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Hey guys just took mine in to get the matter resolved. Even though the recall was announced last week honda didnt send the dealers any information untill monday. So it should be fairly soon to get a letter I couldnt wait for the letter so they just fixing it now for me.

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    I went to Burswood Honda today to get my key coded and they advised me my car had an oustanding recall, that I should do ASAP! because my car might catch on fire, but they didn't want to scare me or anything. They wanted me to wait there and get it done! Sounds like the work to be done takes under an hour.

I only just updated my details on HondaONE, but haven't been approved as a Gold member yet. So not sure if I will get a notice on the mail. I'm hoping it will fix the tugging / variable assistance I get when taking long sweeping corners hard.

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Had my recall done yesterday and no noticable difference in the steering at all they also put the clips on my headlights from the recall ages ago.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Nice find. Stickied!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    As they are only replacing a hose which is fully functional except under the specific conditions that cause deterioration, I see no reason why the recall will have any effect on the handling of the car...

Sorry to burst any bubbles! But you might as well expect better lap times from adding antifreeze to your radiator fluid...
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    As they are only replacing a hose which is fully functional except under the specific conditions that cause deterioration, I see no reason why the recall will have any effect on the handling of the car...

Sorry to burst any bubbles! But you might as well expect better lap times from adding antifreeze to your radiator fluid...
    Well its more that the feeling I get from the steering wheel doesn't appear to be normal. My understanding is that the hose isn't necessarily fully functional, as many here have reported leaking and from memory bent hoses. I'm not losing fluid, but given the problem, I'm thinking there is a chance my hose might be deformed or kinked which is affecting the flow of fluid and hence steering feel.

Likely completely wrong, but don't think its that far fetched as you suggest.

Ollie

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Hey I had my power steering hose change from what it looks like to be a stainless steel pipe i think the workmanship that went in to it was so bad I now have the hose hanging over the engine cover and is bent in places. Just have a look at the workmanship before you pick it up because if it is free they still should do a top notch job i think i will take pictures tommorow

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Gone mine replaced yesterday, steering feels MUCH lighter and direct.

What they've done is replaced the hose and the metal connector thingy,
    AND they've added an extra layer of rubber housing cover on top (looks like bicycle tubes, so a tune inside a tube) so any leak will be directed OFF the engine.

BUT it looks.... ghetto.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 09-04-2011 at 06:00 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 CL9 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Gone mine replaced yesterday, steering feels MUCH lighter and direct.

What they've done is replaced the hose and the metal connector thingy,
    AND they've added an extra layer of rubber housing cover on top (looks like bicycle tubes, so a tune inside a tube) so any leak will be directed OFF the engine.

Hey mate which dealer did you go to they sound good !!!!!!

BUT it looks.... ghetto.
    Hey mate which dealer did you go to they sound good !!!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I'm so unhappy with the job i got done, they are using cable ties to hold down the outer tube it looks ugly and poorly done im thinking of asking for the old one back