Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Had mine done this morning by Larke Hoskins Homebush. Nothing really to report - as others have said, they replace the old power steering hose with a new one which has an extra rubber layer around it held on by zip ties. They also steam cleaned the engine bay afterwards (missed a few spots though!). It doesn't really look as neat as the original hose did, but hey, they're all gonna look like that once the recalls are done!

Quote Originally Posted by d_evilz View Post
    did you guys call up to make a booking or did they send you all a letter?..
    just give them a call with your VIN ready

Quote Originally Posted by jono_l View Post
    Never had my car serviced there but I've dealt with them recently - Meng (one of the the service consultants) is a top bloke, and was very helpful to me. If it wasn't so out of the way for me, I would've taken my car to them for the recall.

I have mine booked in at Larke Hoskins Homebush tomorrow morning - I will report back. I called them on Monday - they reckoned that Honda hadn't yet sent out the letters to the owners.
    yes !
    i thhought it was MANG hahaha, he is very nice,
    seems like he knew what was going on .
    ok im not so worried ..

he said to leave itin there all day =(

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    Quote Originally Posted by davib View Post
    yes !
    i thhought it was MANG hahaha, he is very nice,
    seems like he knew what was going on .
    ok im not so worried ..

he said to leave itin there all day =(
    Hope it all goes well mate! Larke Hoskins only needed the car for 3 hours, but to be honest they did a bit of a rush job cleaning up, as I'm still finding PS fluid all over the place (it was even on my windscreen wipers!). Guess you can't expect too much as dealerships apparently make very little money from doing recalls. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - heard this from a family friend who used to work at a dealership).

seeing as they get hourly rates it's not so much the wokers persay ( hope that word fits this context) as to how many jobs they do? when i spoke with the mechanic he just boasted about how they charge 60+ an hour.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Just thought I would upload pics of the power steering pump install

In this picture I'm not a big fan of the rubber over the pipe IMO it looks cheap

What car manufacture uses cable ties FTW

Do you think i should complain about it or is that what everyones look likes

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Just thought I would upload pics of the power steering pump install

In this picture I'm not a big fan of the rubber over the pipe IMO it looks cheap

What car manufacture uses cable ties FTW

Do you think i should complain about it or is that what everyones look likes
    Mines exactly like that... Looks ghetto ay? Lol

The reason for that is so even if the pipe leaked again (which I suspect it will) the leak will be directed away from hot part of the engine so no fire...
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    Quote Originally Posted by davib View Post
    just give them a call with your VIN ready
    ah ok, thanks!
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    So honda is using cable ties... oh gosh next we will have nails to hold our bumpers in

Member Array
    Car:
    IM ON A BOAT
    alright, i just called up ringwood honda, booked on the 27th
    : >
    So i heard you like mudkipz

Member Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 LUX NAV
    hey guys,

does it make ur steering feel really rough not smooth??? this problem just started 3 days ago =/ so im not garranteed that its the power steering hose??

does anyone have an idea ???

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    I'm trying to get the PS pump replaced out of warranty because most of the fluid leaked out and they rebuilt the pump earlier this year and a few weeks ago they told me the car needed a new pump anyway. Then the recall came out and so I've asked the question.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.