Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ANBUandy View Post
    Just found out, best thing to do if you've bought the Accord Euro second hand, call up Honda Australia and let them know that you've bought the car off private or dealership, and they'll update your details on their database and they'll let you know you can just organise to goto a dealership to get the recall done without waiting on a letter.
    Arent you supposed to do that when you get the car anyway? so you update your HondaOne membership?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Arent you supposed to do that when you get the car anyway? so you update your HondaOne membership?
    Imo, I can't see how someone who has bought a second hand Honda would know that they had to update on HondaOne.

Even owners who bought brand new will fall off the Honda radar after the warranty expires. Honda assumes that you've since sold your car. I've had mine for almost seven years. I haven't received a letter about the recall and I don't expect one because Honda wouldn't even know or care that I still have the same car. Even though I get it serviced at a Honda dealer.

I remember that when I paid for the extended warranty, part of the deal was membership of HondaOne. That membership expired when the warranty expired and at the same time I stopped getting those silly one-dimensional Honda magazines and the roadside assistance I never used.
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Accor Euro
    Just booked my appointment with Travis Honda in Frankston for power steering hose replacement. I do not have a letter but I have given them VIN and they were OK with it. They also told me that I'l eligible for discounted service ( I'm due for 60K this month ) for just $140 and they will also give me a voucher for $150 for my next service. Sounds to good to be true, considering others quoted me about $400 for 60K service, but will see how it goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Anyone else car is pulling slightly to the left since the recall?
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Mine has always done that from time to time and I haven't had the recall done yet XD

It is intermittent so I suspect it may be that the car is sensitive to wind conditions and the gradient of the road rather than a steering problem... I had my tyres changed recently and was advised alignment was not an issue.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I had alignment do e twich and it's still happening lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    Hey guys, last month my power steering hose began leaking and I noticed the recall on the TSX which I brought up when I called Honda.. which they said it doesn't apply to Australia.

I had to pay 600 dollars to get it replaced... do you think I could get a refund because of this?

Just called them and they said they'll contact Honda tomorrow morning and call me back to see if I will be refunded. Fingers crossed i do.
    Last edited by Psy; 04-05-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro Luxury
    Honda just called me to confirm that if I got their letter in the mail confirming the recall. I brought up the fact that I paid for it a month ago when the car started to smoke and they said the refund should be possible... however, I still need to come and change the hose regardless of the fact that I changed it already :\. Talk about a waste of money... but oh, well. Booked in for 3 weeks time.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 CL9
    Taking mine to westpoint Honda this week. Don't really know if I'll sense an improvement or not though. Might be just a placebo effect lol.
    Comment, rate my beats!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/deewhy88

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 euro lux
    Quote Originally Posted by snYpz View Post
    I just called Rick Damelian about 30 minutes ago, and all I needed to provide were contact details and VIN number.
    I hadnt received the recall letter either.
    thanks for that, maybe its cause i called them once i saw the news report on it... i had it done with them last week... the steering felt a little more 'weighty' and somehow... it was more centred (had a shitty wheel alignment on it before)

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    i got my letter last week, all i had to do is sign up with hondaone either that or they got my details through other means, still waiting on the dealer to give me a time to bring it in, service department said they are flat out

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    o00o0o, i got my recall letter today......spose that means im gonna have to do the recall..incase something bad happens ay.....sooo cbf raising the car...LOL....i cant get into any service points with this height....hahahaha...fuuuuu