Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    s2000

J's Racing Header

Hi Guys,

I've got my Greddy Ti-c exhaust, and am waiting for my PWJDM intake to arrive within the next couple of days. So, to complete my fair share of splurging, I'm looking for a decent header.

S2ki recommends the J's after the Hytech header - but I can't remember if I read somewhere if it was compatible with RHD's...

Anyways, I'd be pretty happy with the J's from a few Dyno graphs posted up on s2ki, so was wondering what your thoughts are - especially those who own one - and so this attach to the cat converter??

Thanks

J's header will fit RHD cars. J's is deisgned in Japan which are RHD. I know of two people who ran this header here.

It will attach to the cat converter, but you should run a test pipe or a hi flow cat for more gains, otherwise you're just defeating the purpose of an exhaust setup.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Sorry I should have been more clear - I thought I read that the Hytech wasn't compatible.

Was thinking bout TP & HFC's, but aren't they illegal?? Don't wanna invest little and get caught to pay massive $$$

Test pipes are illegal, HFC's arn't. I used to run a berk 70mm.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Did you find it any good? $ ? will that fit well with both ends from the header and exhaust?

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Sorry for all the questions mate, just trying to get the whole picture before the purchase. Thanks for your help

Yes it will fit both ends. HFC's are 80% flow over the stock cat which is 40% flow. Definetly noticable at the top end of the rev range. about $300 from memory.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Would any HFC for the s2k fit my kinda setup then? (I'm assuming they are one standard length and the same flange brackets)

You will have two size thickness generally a 63mm and 70mm (id go 70mm), if its designed for the s2k then all of them should be the same length and same flange size.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Ahh ok, I know that was an obvious question, but I have no idea on the practical side of this yet. Thanks so much for your help mate.

S2Krazy Array
    Have run a tp for over 2-3 yrs now.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Yeah but your car's to fast to get caught anyway!