Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Del Sol Crx B16a

Hey Fella's

Just curious if this car is worth buying for some decent power as a p plater car + being able to get good fuel economy and such?

What do they go for around these days being slightly modded?

Lastly once off p's.. i've noticed the b16's can gain some decent power by doing a simple turbo setup with injectors, t28 bb turbo, ecu and tune?

thanks!

Yes there good on fuel. Only downside, only a 2 seater.. you can buy the civic hatchback vti-r which is a slightly newer car and comes with 4 seats, and also has the same b16a2 motor, there more popular shape. Del sol's are okay too.. but im not a fan of 2 seaters lol

As for turbo setups.. dont think you should worry about that for now, as your taste may change over the years on your Ps.
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

haha yeah im interested in alot of cars.. but atm want a honda where i originally started (honda integra) before i went to my current nissan 300zx.. need something more reliable and still that kick of power and nice sound.. and a honda suited that good.. reason why i made this thread is i might be able to pick one up for damn cheap.. so it gives me money left over to do alot of other stuff.. and it seems like b16a's have good internals for a n/a motor and can get up to 220hp on a t28 bb turbo on 8psi?

yeah im a fan of 2 seaters now so i don't have to take people cruising about :P..

Honda's are the definition of the word 'reliable', you picked the right car. B16a2's DO have good internals and can be turbocharged for good power. But at the end of the day, how good the motor is, is how much effort and money you put into it.

Is the crx your buying completely stock?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I've driven two Del Sol's and currently own a Gen2 CRX SiR. B16A is a very fun engines, loves to rev, and I reckon the Del Sol would be a sweet little cruiser if you don't mind only 2 seats. Removable roof (avoid the electric roof) is nice and it's a good platform for performance (B-series and EG chassis).

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the best honda i have ever driven to this day is still a B18cR Del Sol
    they have an amazingly stiff chassis stock over the civic because of the massive hoop behind the seats for the taga roof - and not being a full convertible still retains the roof-line rigidity of a normal car
    i hated the dash and that it was only a 2 seater - even tho it had massive leg room and a massive boot - but at the end of the day i couldnt pass up the long fast-back style boot and 4 seats and nicer interior of the Dc2 integra
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Yeah I didn't like the dash setup either. Felt too big

ahh the crx del sol im looking at isn't stock on the outside.. has a bodykit, rims etc.. engine looks stock.. but yeah.. also are parts really expensive for the delsol? looking into front,rear windscreens and both door windows, also the del sol roof itself? are these costly?

im liking the sound of this car.. 120kw with like 1150kg for kerb weight.. it must go fairly mental? ohh and is it possible to fit eg civic front bars/front end parts onto crx's due to being the same chassis?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yuck - rims and bodykit lol

yeah EG is pretty much the same car
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Quote Originally Posted by GormzZ View Post
    ahh the crx del sol im looking at isn't stock on the outside.. has a bodykit, rims etc.. engine looks stock.. but yeah.. also are parts really expensive for the delsol? looking into front,rear windscreens and both door windows, also the del sol roof itself? are these costly?

im liking the sound of this car.. 120kw with like 1150kg for kerb weight.. it must go fairly mental? ohh and is it possible to fit eg civic front bars/front end parts onto crx's due to being the same chassis?
    The car may have come with 120kw from factory. But i doubt it'll even reach 105kw now, due to its age. Gotta gradually do some bolt on mods, to engine work.

yeah man.. if i buy it.. i will rip of the gay rims.. put on some nice jdm 17" wheels or something.. lower it on some coilys.. rip of kit and put oem kit on.. or something not so ricey.. and make it all motor after that..

ohh sweet! does that mean front bar, hood, guards etc would nearly line up? its only from the dash back that is different?

yeah to easy bud.. basic breather mods is where ill be heading first.. so cold air intake, exhaust, extractors and so forth.. might even rebuild it later down the track.. so far im loving the looks of it atm!