Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya

Odyssey RB1 stereo removal

Hi guys,

I have been searching this over this website and googling it.
    However, I have been unsuccessful. Is there any site or anyone here with 2004 up RB1 can show DIY for stereo removal?

I have the double din type of stereo which I am trying to change.
    If anyone here knows or can lead me into another link, that would greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot guys.

(note: again I did search before I asked).

Welcome to RB Odyssey family!! When you are talking double din type of stereo, do you have a double din console set for fitting in RB1? If not, i do not believe you can make it fit. Am sure posted a details instruction for removing OEM console and stereo but unable to locate myself as well.

you truly need to search thru next time...... feel free to ask here anytime but you mention twice did search which makes it really odd

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...Centre-Console

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    Yep, I have seen that link AusAccord. However mine is the one like aka_NSX stereo.
    The one with erected parts in the middle of the dash board.
    That link you gave me is more of the 06 models right? Or is it the same procedure.
    I haven't started to do anything yet as I am heck busy with work.

Thanks though.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    ^^^ What are u trying to do again??? Remove the OEM stereo and replace it with a 2 din frame and after market stereo or your odyssey already came with the 2 din frame and u want to know how to remove a stereo from that?
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    OK, so my Odie has single unit stereo (not OEM; given by the dealer I bought Odie from) which I want to replace it with another single unit since I used to use it in my old car.
    So basically, I just want to know the direction of taking the center console where the stereo is placed.
    Does it make sense at all my explanation?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    No, because the RB1 does not come with a single DIN unit, it comes with a dash integrated unit what I would call the OEM unit.

Better if you posted a picture of the current set up and explain from that picture.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    OK, here in New Zealand, we able to import JDM odysseys...mine is the absolute model with Japanese Nav System which does not work for NZ radio frequency.
    Therefore, the dealer took the stereo which came with the car.
    Allright, I will post a picture today or tomorrow.

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Ahhhh that explains a bit more. But yes please post pics.

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    Here is the pic of the stereo...
    http://img51.imageshack.us/i/odiestereo.jpg/

ok finally the cloud cleared. you have a double din console already (lucky you) with a single din stereo. and now you want to install a flip single din unit at the bottom like my previous setup, correct? easily done with little modification.

the front fascia like a soccer goalie frame highlighted in red is in one piece and just clipped onto the face. if you inspect carefully and you should able to slot something on both sides pointed in yellow then pry it out. really careful on the top bit as its quite thin which may break. once the front fascia out and pretty much you can see then figure out the rest. 2 bolts on each side unscrew the stereo with bottom pocket out. you do not need to take the top cover off as not giving you more access.

let us know if you do not understand what i mentioned above. Happy modding!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Tamiya
    AusAccord and Evolution, thanks so much for reading and replying my query. I will try to do it nxt weekend and I will let you guys know.