Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99

Front strut tower removal?

I've looked everywhere to find information but I can't find any info, is the front strut tower removable on a vtir ? I tried removing one with rachet and the nut broke off? Help would be appreciated thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    yeah tower strut can be removed.. but did the actual lock nut break or the bolt thread? because one of my mate has one of his bolt thread broken off on the oem tower strut and he's managed to take it off and put in a 3 point strut. also try unbolting everything all the bolts off then hit the strut upwards with a rubber hammer but be gentle with it
    Last edited by lemmm; 09-04-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda VTIR 99
    The bolt thread came off with the bolt head so the thread is sill In the hole maybe its welded on?

Member Array
    Car:
    integbrah!
    put up some photos how it looks cause i'm painting a weird picture in my mind how this is looking.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Si Hatchi
    yes the bolts are tack welded to the under side of the guard. you can see this for your self.
    and yes you can remove the stock front strut bar, just remove the nuts and your done.
    [h=Massive EG6/DC2 Part Out (majority brand new)
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...y-brand-new%29]2[/h]