Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Might be a waste of a post, as I'm not that technical and this is probably wrong but power steering fluid might be low and it's sucking air (high pitched noise) in until after the car is driven a bit the fluid is flowing evenly. If isn't related then ignore my post lol

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You're right, that was a waste of a post.

The S2000 has electronic power steering = no fluid.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Unfortunately, your post is a waste.

Because we have EPS - Electronic Power Steering hence no fluid.

EDIT: ^Damn beat me to it

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    He he! Gotta be quick around here.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    haha thought so. My car made a high pitched whirring sound and it was the power steering pump sucking in air. Anyway hope you figure it out!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro 2003 MT
    I had the same whine in my S2000. It was 100% RPM dependent. I took it to a number of honda dealerships and all said it was normal. I didnt belive them untill I went on an S2000 cruise and found most other S2000's made the same noise. it sounded almost like an alternator whine of some sorts. Anyways I drove the car around for a year with this noise and I had no issues. towards the end my brain just learned to tune it out of my hearing ! lol I had my S2000 for 1.5 years and the one thing I learned about that car is it makes a lot of unexplained noises ! everything from the engine to the gear box to the diff. It was just a noisy car and most of the noise was normal (due to no sound proofing ) Anyways back to driving a euro again now and its like driving a car with ear plugs on compared to the S2000. Its dead quite !

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Not having a roof might have something to do with it also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord euro 2003 MT
    Quote Originally Posted by AusS2000 View Post
    Not having a roof might have something to do with it also.
    LOL funny u mention that... I actually used to drive with the roof down most of the time as I found the ouside noise used to mask the cars mechanical noise quit well. I'm naturally a very obsessive compulsive type person with my cars and it used to drive me insane being in the car with the roof and windows closed hearing all those mechanical noise. I hate remembering how many times I've been to honda dealerships asking about strange noises coming out of the car !

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Personally I like being in touch with the sounds my car makes, not cocooned from it. They are an early indication of problems and should be listened to.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Yep I agree with the roof off masking alot of sounds... But for what it's worth, it's probably normal ish - as I do hear this sound from other S2's as well...

I recently changed my oil to Castrol Edge 5w30 - and my oh my, what a difference it makes to the smoothness of the engine - compared to Mobil 1 anyway..

While I was doing that, I adjusted my valves - a few were off, some were tight some where loose.. But my oh my again, it made a HUGE difference. Response is better, and it is OH SO QUIET... Idles perfect, purrs through every gear. Although I still get that "whining", but I rkn it's just that she misses the VTEC. I guess I'll stop complaining until another sound emerges.

I'm really thinking about adding a snail to the thing, just so she has the extra company and it can act as a sound mask as well.. lol I'd rather a nice suction sound than a jetsons buzzing anyday!

P.S. Aus, from what I've read - your turbo'd right? Are you in VIC? EDIT: No your not... Say's your "Location" LOL

Peace.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Turbo yes, Melb no! Sydney FTW!!!

I was SC for a while then upgraded to turbo.

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/3033...__blow+me+epii

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    ^^^ Good stuff.. Might need to hit you up with a PM when I'm gonna slaper on! I'm collecting bits and peices at the moment.

You got anything left over that might be of use?