Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit

My Blue RB3 Odyssey

hi,

just want to say i finally bought my Odyssey. it's a RB3 blue luxury and a major change from an EP3. i didn't realise how big the ODC is until i parked it in the garage.

i'm both happy and sad at the moment. Happy with the nice features and comfort of the RB3 but i really miss the power and handling of the Type R. for those who are running coilovers, does it improve the handling significantly?

there are a few plans for the car, tints, Nav HU + rear cam and speakers, some interior bits and pieces, parking sensors, maybe fitting my rays and install Teins.

first pic, what do you think about this colour combo?

Last edited by Philip Lee; 13-07-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Nice purchase!! what color of the 18" rim is? i think either bright or diamond cut polish suit this blue body color. coilover definitely improve handling and ride quality from pax point of view but do not expect like an EP3. May be a set of sway bar will close up the gap a bit between RB3 and EP3 hehe

Again welcome to Odyssey family and happy modding!!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Welcome the the Odyssey old man club!

Hmmm colour combo is pretty standard I guess. Haven't seen many in that blue.

As AusAccord said, from a RB1 stand point the coilovers helped quite a bit, never driven an EP3R before so can't compare, but it feels better than my FD1 on Tein springs, comfort suffers though.
    Last edited by evolution; 04-04-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    the wheel in the pic is bronze in 18". some ppl say bronze suits dark blue ok but some don't. i think it's ok, besides i don't have budget to spend on wheels lol

at the moment, i find RB3 is too comfy. there is no feel from the steering and susspension and the rear bounced along with the road. it just lacks any road feel.

not expected the handling from EP3 but middle ground would be good. also the gap between guard and tyre definitely need closing up haha.

i don't think there are much diff between the RB3 and RB1 apart from look. chassis and drivetrain are pretty much similar.

would 10k spring rates be too firm? that's what Teins are doing for Odyssey.

thanks
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Common complain is that on stock suspension the rear bounces too much and the 3rd row ppl vomit.. Hahaha

i would prefer my RB1 drives like RB3 as yours is much smoother even only 6kw more as i remember. also GruippeM has intake kit for RB3 but none on RB1. only down side on RB3 i reckon is without tiptronic gearbox for family men haha

may be gold/dark bronze color will look good on blue. mine is 8k and now i found is pretty firm due to wore out by Sydney roads for 3 yrs *crying*
    just curious, why Tein instead of other brands?

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i must say RB3 is very smooth. it was better than i thought.

no intention on power mod so Gruppe M is a no go.

i like Tein because Street Basic is cheap lol i've had Super Street on my Mx5 and EP3 and they seems to be ok for street use and handling definitely improved. for RB3 i'm only looking for ride height adjustments so i dun need the 16 clicks. also the fact that Fulcrum Suspension can rebuild Tein locally is something that i like.

what else is popular for lowering?

third row is strictly for carrying stuff and only when used for emergency so it's fine but i'll make sure i carry some plastic bags in the car hahaha

one more thing, what do you guys run as muffler/exhaust tip? i saw many JDM people put S2k tips and are they easily interchangable? stock tips are definitely too small and in a weird angle!!

thanks
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    oh btw the flippers, i don't mind not having it. i never used them on my old Jazz so it's ok.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

rebuild availability is a good point as i'm scratching my head now where i can get my Ohlins rebuilds......

as far as exhaust mod, members here are listed as follows:
    aka_NSX - catback Fujitsubo Wagolis for Absolute
    Atjo - catback HKS Legamax Premium
    Evolution - catback HKS Legamax Premium
    mobil1 - catback HKS Hi-Power 409
    AusAccord - AP2 exhaust tips (will update soon)

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    AusAccord, where did u get AP2 tips? Just Honda dealer? Hope it's not too exxy as I wanna do the same!!

You planning to DIY?

Thanks
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

got mine new from YAJ, AUD 170 a pair delivered. U can try Honda dealers in AUS and bet its over AUD 300.... yeah DIYed for long time and end product pics are on my Ricey thread hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    How much does it usually cost to rebuild a set of coilovers?

Is it worth rebuilding or just throw away and change?