Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    Thanks Phillip.. I'll check out Yahoo Auctions..

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    no worries mate.

there are other brands like RSR, Teins etc.

choose carefully as the ride height and stiffness varies. for example RSR has about 4 different springs for RB3. anything with 30-35mm drops (like mine) would be the maximum without scrapping anything. if u need to carry load and or 7 people at lot, you will need something less aggressive again like 20 - 25mm.

if i have to pay full price, i'd probably get RSR Ti2000 with the rear slightly higher to offset weight. i only got Tanabe becos of the price but i'm not regretting. but i wish the rear is 5mm higher in case i need to carry load.

if you have more question, feel free to ask.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    fitted the S2k tips over the weekend.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

hey Phil, I can't see the pics for some reason. Do you mind uploading again? Want to see pics with fitted springs

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Quote Originally Posted by ez30rb View Post
    hey Phil, I can't see the pics for some reason. Do you mind uploading again? Want to see pics with fitted springs
    maybe i just post the links?

http://www.postimg.com/41000/photo-40692.jpg

http://www.postimg.com/41000/photo-40693.jpg

http://www.postimg.com/41000/photo-40694.jpg

http://www.postimg.com/41000/photo-40695.jpg

pls let me know if you still have problem.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

very nice.. i'm considering this, but am worried about my enormous driveway

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    thanks. you might want to get RSR half low or Tein Hi-tech. they drop around 20-25mm so should be ok.

my Tanabe drops by 30-40mm. i have 1 and a bit finger gap up front and 1 finger gap at the back. i think this is the maximum drop or will start scrapping with loads.
    Last edited by Philip Lee; 07-07-2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: spelling
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Your car is looking very nice there with the slight drop.
    I will probably keep my wheels for a while but did want to lower the car a little. I also have an RB3 Lux.

I do have to keep in mind that I may go for some 18"x 8J x ET? wheels at some stage, but more importantly, I don't want to sacrifice the ride comfort.
    In choosing springs, I want something that will drop the car about 30mm and is very close to the feel that the factory set up gives with perhaps only a very small increase in firmness, rather than going softer.

Would you say that the Tanabe springs you have keep the same feel and would allow for a larger/wider wheel?
    Also, if you don't mind, how much in AU$ did they cost shipped?
    And what's the cost for fitting, including any camber adjustment, etc?
    What part number are these?

I've had a Tanabe exhaust on my Subaru years ago and the quality was very good. So, I have no problem with their other products.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by Winno; 09-07-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    the tanabe springs i have (NF210) has slightly softer rate at the front and slightly harder at the back. but since it's a fixed rate springs as opposed to stock progressive, they feel more directly and slightly firmer. i think it's a good compromise. however if u need to carry load a lot, i suggest go for RSR because their rear spring rate is a little harder and should in theory avoid scrapping more than my Tanabe. however i recently drove from Brisbane to Sydney for a holiday with the family. 2 adults, 2 kids and a week's luggage and never scrapped anything. can't say about fitting 7 people tho as i never tried. also i am still on stock wheels so i don't know how ride will be effected with lower profile tyres.

i got the springs with other bits and pieces so i don't know the exact amount for shipping for the springs alone. i got the springs from Yahoo Auction Japan and it was from a private seller (still brand new) so my price is a one off. i suggest you ask some import agents directly for quote.

cost for fitting was $250 as the rear pairs a slightly harder to fit without taking off all the interior trims. i was happy to pay a little more for my mechanics to avoid that. you will also need rear camber arm when you drop your car. you may want to buy this together with your springs from japan as there are more choices. they can be around 20000 yen to 30000 yen depends on brand (without shipping to Aus). natural camber for the front should be enough.

overall i'm happy with my springs. if i have to pay full price i'd go RSR for the higher rear spring rate just in case.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    Ok, great feedback.
    Will start looking around for what I can do and what I need to get.
    The car has two adults and two kids mainly. Sometimes we also have luggage for trips away. When we do have seven people, it's two adults and 5 kids and no luggage.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip Lee View Post
    quick update.

mugen visors arrived and fitted. springs fitted.

pls excuse for the dirty car. pic taken on the way back from Sydney to Brisbane.

Alpine INA-W900E + Alpine rear cam and front/rear parking sensors fitted (Big thanks to aka_NSX for doing a great job with installation, workmanship is faultless!!):

Hi Philip,
    Just saw the pic and looks great. I am ready to put one in my odyssey now.Is the reverse camera visible from the back? Cheers

Hi Philip,
    What brand parking sensors did you fit and where is the display for them mounted on or around your dash? or are they just audible ones without a display?