Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Epa notice :(

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

Epa notice :(

Hey all, ok basically i finally got the epa notice, massive depressed over this thing.... since it was a mates fault, **** sucker... im not gonna go into details, but anyways, the rules are if the car is below 98 decibels its okay, now the thing is at what do the test the sound readings at?

At what rpm do they go up to before backing off? im just considering my options atm, as i dont wanna take off my catback... if its below the level, than ill just leave it on
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    90 EF8 siR
    they usually rev it to about 5,000rpm i think, just make sure your car doesn't go bang bang when backing off. Sucks to hear man

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ah dangz... thats what im worried about :/

Most likely ill go with a stock exhaust than for the mean time
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    they usually rev it to about 5,000rpm i think, just make sure your car doesn't go bang bang when backing off. Sucks to hear man
    sorry but is it bad if ur car goes bang bang ?
    my car does that when i back off......

p.s. sorry first i have heard about this.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    by the way u dont have change the whole catback....just remove the axle back and bolt on stock exhaust.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    im gonna need to as the cat back is a 2.5, an the stock is 2, too much of a change, an i think there mite be a leak as the flanges are different sizes to stock axle back, and id rather not take my chances if it doesn't pass cause it back fired
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    they have a little microphone thing on a stand about 20-30 cm away from the exhaust tip, and then they rev it to a certain rev and get the reading. mine got done at 4700rpm.

and they cant do it when its raining either.

i would personally put the stock exhaust on just to be safe, should take a couple of hours including reinstalling the old exhaust.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    it costs 70$ to do and liek 50$ to redo if you fail. its not worth it. just put stock muffler back on. Its just 2 bolts man =D

~King Of Spam~

Just WD40 the crap out of the hangers. they will slide off with easy.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    Quote Originally Posted by chauster View Post
    it costs 70$ to do and liek 50$ to redo if you fail. its not worth it. just put stock muffler back on. Its just 2 bolts man =D
    the test costs about $36

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Well the test cost 39.xx if I remember correctly, Lukey is right they put the mic ~30cm from the exhaust tip on a certain angle aswell. As for the revving, they rev it up to half the redline from what I remember. I did the EPA test on my motorbike so not 100% its the same as cars. My bike redlined at 12500, so they revved it to 6250.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ah geez.. 6250rpm, lol, thats almost my redline hahahaha

But yeah, i guess thats a good indication, since mines at 7000rpm, so around 3.5k hopefully they do the test at
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC