Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Epa notice :(

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    my redline is about 7k and the test was done at 4750

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    Yeh i did it on my bike, maybe thats why its a bit different. Might be half of your maximum rev or something, pretty sure its some type of equation, they cant just rev it to whatever they like.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    i have headers, test pipe and a catback.. when i got done for being too loud i just swapped the rear muffler for my stock one.. my car got 85 decibels.. if ur stock muffler still lines up and bolts up, just swap it over man it will pass for sure, if it fails the test ill shout u the next one

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by MRK20CRX View Post
    they usually rev it to about 5,000rpm i think, just make sure your car doesn't go bang bang when backing off. Sucks to hear man
    This is right! 5000rpm, 30cm away from exhaust tip at roughly 45 degree angle.

Hot tip aswell, from experience!

"When ever driving through booze bus, cop roadblock, try real hard to stay in a higher gear so the car doesn't rev too loud, they quite often have EPA and cops who are trained in rwc listening or the loud exhaust note".
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by DA9B18C View Post
    This is right! 5000rpm, 30cm away from exhaust tip at roughly 45 degree angle.

Hot tip aswell, from experience!

"When ever driving through booze bus, cop roadblock, try real hard to stay in a higher gear so the car doesn't rev too loud, they quite often have EPA and cops who are trained in rwc listening or the loud exhaust note".
    Good tip! cops are gettin smarter, they not only hear but take a good long look at whats poking out the rear bum
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    they are suppose to rev diff to every engine..'

40$ to do the test

my k20 was done at about 4,400 at the first place

2nd place i did it was done at 4,000rpm and told me that was the specs they do for non standard engine

i just got a exhaust shop at dandenong to weld on a pee-shooter for me from my 2.5" to 2" .. they dont modify anything out of your old exhaust so i can plug anyone of them whenever i want.. costed me 150$

hope that helps..
    pm me if u have more questions!!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Pics of this so called "pee-shooter"
    HCCM#23

02 DC5 ITR

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    lol..its too far ...

its just a small oval muffler with like a 1.5" outlet.. then they weld the flange to fit your existing flange.

made it sound like oem...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    Where did you get 98dB from?

The limit is 90db(A) for vehicles after 1988

This contains everything you need to know including testing procedure and which RPM they will test your vehicle at.

In short, you have no chance of passing without the stock catback.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5 si
    oh yea mine was done at 90db to :P

and yes you can just pass with a pee-shooter muffler sometimes

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeS View Post
    Where did you get 98dB from?

The limit is 90db(A) for vehicles after 1988

This contains everything you need to know including testing procedure and which RPM they will test your vehicle at.

In short, you have no chance of passing without the stock catback.
    Yeah its infact 90db, says it on one of the letters... which than i doubt any aftermarket cat back would pass, mugen twin loop as well....

I found my old axle back, but now i just need a any ek b-pipe to attach it on.... 2 more weeks till i have to fix this problem, with uni, it makes it hard to go an find parts
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    speak to seeker motorsport, last time i got defected i borrowed their ek1 catback to pass roady
    naturally i finished my set.