Member Array
    Car:
    Honda eg civic

shake shake SHAKE!!!!!

hi guys!!

i really need some help with this one!

i am running a b18c7 in my eg4 and if i drop the clutch hard or if its raining and i plant my foot down in first gear, the wheels start to slip and the hole car starts to bounce ! omg i can not explain how anoying this is! i would deffenitaly expect the wheels to spin which is fine but along with that the hole front of the car bounces up and down! some people say its really bad and puts stress on your gear box and engine mounts but i just dont understand why it does this! and how i can fix the problem ......... please helppppp

i used to have a b18 in my eg and it did the same thing. Its normal as the wheels are partially gripping onto the road

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    My car does tat in the rain if i drop the clutch. its front wheel drive man LOL. Its really funny tho, till you get into 2nd gear and gain some traction haha. Just deliver the power in slower, no point spinning about in one spot wasting time -.-" Thats wat holdens are for
    Last edited by EK1 Civic; 04-04-2011 at 11:36 PM.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    had the same problem with my stock ek1. havent tried to drop clutch in rain with my dc2r so i wouldnt know
    naturally i finished my set.

Well try a torque damper, it helps to reduce vibration. I have it on my DC5 just a tad of wheel spin, But torque damper in the rain? pointless.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    its called wheel hop, and its normal,
    Stiffer engine mounts or a traction bar will help, but you can never get rid of it completely
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Try driving your car sensibly. If you launch too hard without the appropriate components to reduce vibrations then you will have this issue. Less throttle and floor it when you have traction.

Member Array
    Car:
    green whip!
    it's called axle tramp and common on fwd's

getting solid/filled torque mounts solved most of it initially

how you want to eliminate the rest of it is up to you

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    yeah it's axle tramp..

it's also do with weight transfer when you take off.. stiffer shocks at the rear can help with this.. which gives you better traction at the front.

What kind of suspension set up do you have?? if you have coilovers that can adjust the rebound, adjusting this will also help.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda eg civic
    Hahah thank god I'm not the only one with this problem ..... Yeh alot of other people I know said to use hasport mounts ???? I'm running 5zigan springs , no coils , but I really wanted a pair of tein coils ..... Thanks guys for your comments