Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Milage

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5

Jazz Milage

Hey guys,

Just wondering what milage you guys get in your Jazz. So for me, my car does 8.3-8.5l/100km. Is this normal?

on average around 7.2ish L/100KMs with 50% freeway driving however i have full exhaust modifications and cold air intake, if i do 70% freeway driving then i get around 6.5L /100kms

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    Oh man, looks like I got to go to the mechanics or something to check it out, I'm pretty much running a stock engine too.

what sort of driving do you do? how many people in the car? aircon on? do you floor your car? fuel economy has alot of factors, or it might just be a dodgy o2 sensor

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Ours gets anywhere between 5.7-6.8L/100km (1.3L Jazz) depending on how it's driven for the week. Funny thing you can try - Cruise at 80km/h and reset the meter. You will be using 2.3-3L/100km. Awesome lol

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    I hate running the aircon as it drinks my fuel and usually it's only me in the car, sometimes two. I try not to floor my car, shifting around 2500rpm sometimes around 3000rpm. Lets hope it is a dodgy O2. Oh and by the way, I drive an 07 VTi-S so can that be a factor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    What fuel do you use and when was it last serviced?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

All vti/s run the same engine, L15A, and i assume you are driving a manual and not paddle shifting on a cvt so it shouldn't make a difference.

Personally i've used 91, 95, and 98 i find i get the most amount of power from the 98 but worse milage whereas with 91 i seem to get slightly more milage from it, however i stick with 98 because it lets me sleep better at night.

I actually tested them both as i was driving to bendigo and back about 3 times in one week, for the first 2 runs i was on 98 fuel and i managed to climb the hills fairly easily, whereas my final run on the 91 it was a struggle. It same road, same conditions, same car, same drivier, therefore i justify the use of 98 that way.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    I'm running 95 and it was last serviced 2,xxx ago

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '10 Jazz
    My old 1.3L GD average 6.5L/100ks in urban areas (not city, but still reasonably busy). Went down to ~4L on the highway, best i saw was 3.5L
    New 1.5L GE gets nowhere near that, averaging 7.8L doing the same urban runs, haven't really gone on a long highway trip w/ it yet.

This is with Vortex 98. Definitely get better mileage and more power with the 98 than 95 or E10.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    Quote Originally Posted by $BBB View Post
    I try not to floor my car, shifting around 2500rpm sometimes around 3000rpm.
    i'd say your shifting to low, and your engine is trying harder to get moving with less torque, you could use alot of throttle and suck up heaps of juice
    but still not accelerate if there isnt enough torque. with max torque at 4800 (i think) try changing at 5500, that way the rev drop back wont drop the torque so much. and you get fairly consistent and in the usable power band.

hope it makes sense.
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by 80057 View Post
    i'd say your shifting to low, and your engine is trying harder to get moving with less torque, you could use alot of throttle and suck up heaps of juice
    but still not accelerate if there isnt enough torque. with max torque at 4800 (i think) try changing at 5500, that way the rev drop back wont drop the torque so much. and you get fairly consistent and in the usable power band.

hope it makes sense.
    5500RPM??? Isn't redline like 6K? Wouldn't that kill petrol...?