Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jazz Milage

shifting around 2500rpm and 3000rpm is about right for a jazz (dependant on driving conditions), because in normal driving conditions it should be fine. However if you are skipping gears say going from 2nd to 4th then i can see your point in having it at a higher rpm.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic RS
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    5500RPM??? Isn't redline like 6K? Wouldn't that kill petrol...?
    i thought it was 6.5k-6.8k in the 1.5. thats why i said i think, my point being changing gears closer to the higher usable torque range.
    |||8|0||0|||5|7||||

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    i usually get round 6-6.5 per tank when driving to/from the city on w/e. to/from work (hwy/fwy) my PB is 5 :P
    i change round 2.5-3k rpm in urban and 4-5k on hwy/fwy.
    car is 03 vti-s manual.

lol@ 5500rpm shift

my understanding is that to be eco with most power you should change as high as possible while on non-vtec cam (3.5-4k rpm?).

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I checked this morning and ive been getting 6.4L. Thats from 80% urban driving and 20% highway. Though i just serviced my car last weekend, changed engine oil/filter, gearbox oil and coolant.

I put in 95 Unleaded and shift at 2.5-3k and sometimes i give it a workout at long stretches.

Check your thermostat, if its stuck open then your engine will take a long time to warm up. This means the ECU will run a rich mixture till its warmed up.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    How do I check the thermo? I think that might be the problem, everytime I turn on my engine, get the greenish blue thing saying that the engine is cold.

that's normal the teal C is just to state that the engine is still cold, it should take like 3 - 4 mins for the engine to warm up on a 'cold start'.

however if it takes any longer than that, then you may have a problem.

Hey guys, i just recently bought a '02 Jazz VTI Automatic with 78,000kms on the clock. I've been driving for abit and I could only manage an average of 9.0L/100km. Lowest I got is 8.5L/100km.

After reading all your posts here, it seems to be on the high side. I do maybe about 70% city and 30% freeway driving. Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong with the car?

I also pumped a tank of 91 unleaded into it, should I go for 94 to be on the safe side?

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    My thread which asked the exact same question about DC2/4 Integras was closed. I guess that some people are denied assistance by the community, while others are not. Seems a strange policy.

Quote Originally Posted by -archangel- View Post
    Hey guys, i just recently bought a '02 Jazz VTI Automatic with 78,000kms on the clock. I've been driving for abit and I could only manage an average of 9.0L/100km. Lowest I got is 8.5L/100km.

After reading all your posts here, it seems to be on the high side. I do maybe about 70% city and 30% freeway driving. Do you guys have any idea what could be wrong with the car?

I also pumped a tank of 91 unleaded into it, should I go for 94 to be on the safe side?

Cheers!
    Being an automatic it would probably consume abit more petrol than a manual but not by a huge difference. 9L/100KM with 70% city driving does seem a little high. However i have had fuel economies over 10L/100KM whenever i am in start stop traffic for a prolonged period of time. Essentially each time you move off from stationary you are wasting the most amount of petrol, are you crawling around? or intensive start stop?

You may find that you get a little more power/economy from using 94 however it's mostly dependant on the way you drive.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    I used to have 10L/100km, but that was me gunning it down with a couple mates.

Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    Being an automatic it would probably consume abit more petrol than a manual but not by a huge difference. 9L/100KM with 70% city driving does seem a little high. However i have had fuel economies over 10L/100KM whenever i am in start stop traffic for a prolonged period of time. Essentially each time you move off from stationary you are wasting the most amount of petrol, are you crawling around? or intensive start stop?

You may find that you get a little more power/economy from using 94 however it's mostly dependant on the way you drive.
    Yeah, I'm stuck in a crawl most of the time, even on the freeway lol. I'll try filling her with 94 after this tank runs out and see how the mileage fares after that.

9L/100kms sounds about right then, it's actually reasonably good too unless you have a smart car or a hybrid.

in your particular scenario i wouldn't think filling with 94/98 would make much of a difference as peak hour traffic kills fuel economy.