Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Yeap ask the repairer for scope of works in paper. You have the right to know where your dollars are going.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 GTI, DA9
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Really? Didn't try real hard...
    I could have supplied you with a brand-new FD2R engine for that & you'd have change to put it in.
    How much is a FD2R engine worth to import..?
    Leighton T. aka LTPICS MSN=DEMON83_INC@HOTMAIL.COM
    '80 Accord 3D Hatch>'02 VW Golf S>'00 EM1 B18cR>'09 SYM Red Devil + '04 DC5R

for sale= http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127617

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by DEMON83 View Post
    How much is a FD2R engine worth to import..?
    6g longblock. or maybe 8g.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    Interesting story. I work in insurance. If you want i can talk to the claims guys and suss out what you should do.

Also did you take your car to a mechanic that AAMI recommended?? AAMI always recommend you take it to their authorized repairer which funnily enough AAMI actually own, but using a different business name.

But as TODA said, go to the Insurance Ombudsmen because if your not happy with the work that's been carried out on your car, you have a right to take matters further.

And if there was a hole in the block, it would be cheaper to replace it anyway. Sounds suss as to me.

And i'm surprised they covered you for the injen CAI. Did you advised AAMI of the mod?? Read your Product Disclosure Statement to clarify whats covered and whats not.

Member Array
    Car:
    ABA-EP3, LA-EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by egb16b View Post
    And i'm surprised they covered you for the injen CAI. Did you advised AAMI of the mod?? Read your Product Disclosure Statement to clarify whats covered and whats not.
    Surprised here too. Heard from friends' experience they would refuse straight off since it is illegal.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ^I was thinking that too, and that they're even offering insured repair work.. or maybe that's why they want 2k from u
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    What a scary thread
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Lol....I think there may be lots lost in translation....

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 DC5 Type R
    Hey mate.

The reason why they do repairs rather than replacements is because with a replacement its pretty much a set amount, with a common added figure for an engine install... with repairing, they can make up ridiculous labour hours and explain multiple issues that they ran into and how the cost just kept climbing. Insurance jobs for a dodgy mechanic, is their way of pulling in big bucks for simple jobs. At the end of the day they make a killing, and you pay higher insurance premiums.. thats the way the world always seems to work...

Definetely agree with the others, take it to ombudsman and fight em, if you cant get a re-assessment
    All the best buddy
    2002 Honda DC5R
    WTB DC5 JDM VISORS
    3TripleZero

Just ask to see reciepts of everything. The workshop would have had to have bought all the parts, will be reciepts for that. They would have subleted any machine work, so invoices for that. And then tell them, the problem isn't fixed, so fix it.End of the day, it went in to get an issue fixed, and it wasn't fixed.

Recently i had a run in with dumb ass repairers. Was a body shop dealing with my brother's car that was hit by an old granny, damaged one door. They told him they needed the car for 6 days to do it. Told my bro thats retarded, it takes 2 days to prep and spray something properly. Anyway, he let them have it for 6 days.... Car came back and it looked fine. But within one week, the clear had started peeling off. So this time i went down there and blasted the owner. Was the biggest s'hole of a panel shop i have seen. Got the car back within 2 days, and gave them the bill for the loan car that my bro had for 8 days.

updates?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    AAMI have repairers that are panel beaters, not mechanics, and I doubt insurance assessors have much to do with mechanics, since 99% of insurance assessor's are ex-panel beaters, not mechanics

So I'm thinking they would've just got anyone really and they get screwed over on mechanical work plenty.

Thats why whenever I have mechanical related insurance work I always get my own quote from a someone I trust... My peeps are cheaper than insurance people's quotes most of the time.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars