Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Hey guys,

Heres an interesting update for you. After driving my car for around 3 weeks, the engine decided to blow up. Yep, the oil filter is hanging by a thread. I was driving it normally out from where I work and all i heard was a horrible noise coming from under my car.

If i hadn't already mentioned this, the hole in the block was welded shut and only 2 pistons were replaced. Such pathetic workmanship. What could have been the cause of this because i wasn't driving hard at all since the engine is still under 1000km's...?

The tow truck driver who use to be an ex import mechanic told me that its probably because the engine is a high compression engine and because of that, it wasn't a good idea to have that hole welded. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by FDCivic; 03-05-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    BTW, to stop that ticking noise, the engine builder replaced one of the valves.

Another problem occurred after getting the valve replaced. The check engine light came on which prompted me to bring the car back. The mechanic diagnosed the problem and said that there were problems with the O2 sensors and that it would be fine to drive until they ordered a new set.

After searching forums etc, i realised that the original problem that caused my car to stall and become less responsive could be the MAP sensors and not the O2 sensor. Could the MAP sensor assist in blowing up my engine?
    Last edited by FDCivic; 03-05-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    So you just continued to drive the car instead of taking it back to the mechanic?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Well yeah, the engine blew on sunday and i had just realised it was a map sensor problem over the weekend and because of the long weekend here in QLD, i wouldn't have been able to tell him until today.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda's
    wow! Listen to Adrian mate,ring your insurance company,get a reciept for the previous work,get a second opinion on the new issue and start making some noise-you have been taken advantage of 100%
    11.41@119 mile ALL MOTOR street chassis

K series parts whore

FFamily

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Just go and get a replacement K20 FD engine. Since the rebuild your having so much problems and more headaches.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    I smell a nasty fish.....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    I'll have to wait until i get a word back from the assessor. 12k to replace conrods, 2 pistons, 8 valves and weld a block up..? Smells really fishy.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Can get used FD's for that money nowadays!

Insurance are screwing you around hard. I would advise that you either get it all sorted out with insurance and get a new engine dropped in, OR get a lawyer and get them to pay you out then never deal with them again.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type S
    Btw, this is for a DC5S, Civic was sold a year ago.

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    I keep thinking FD . They could of bought a long block from honda for 8k and R & R wouldnt even add up too 12k.