Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK gli

air filter/manifold

hi guys,
    I recently got myself a new air intake.. some cheapy one but the intake arm has a wierd angle that doesnt really fit the intake manifold thats installed atm (i think its intake manifold). I was researching and looking up pictures and i came up with this one attatched. It has the same angle as mine and its installed into a civic but how its connected to a different intake manifold. what intake manifold is it? and how can i install it into my car.
    It says on the packaging that its for a DX/LX civic ... US versions and 99-00... my cars a ek gli 1996..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda-civic-air-intake.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	18248

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 + JZX100
    It would be more logical (cheaper and easier) to just buy/source an intake pipe that fits in your engine bay. Changing the intake manifold to fit a cheap intake pipe not suitable for your motor makes no sense.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    that particular intake manifold is fail as well - the stock one you have will be better

u could try reversing the piping - it my fit that way - otherwise you bought the wrong intake kit

just get a generic intake kit - most of the USDM d-series have slightly different heads to ours - and if your car is D16y4 than they dont even have that engine

buy a kit for 93+ D series - ie D15b7, D16z6, D16y1, D16y8, D16y5 - all of these models will work as they have the normal style intake manifold

a really nice sounding and easy to fit kit is the simota 'whale' intake - they are usually about $120 on ebay
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    You got the intake for the d16y7. Its the american 100hp version of our d16y4/8. Don't buy parts for the d16y7 as its different. The header/cat are one-piece in that engine.
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680