Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    Its a straight swap K24A3. I blew up my K20 and the head couldnt be salvaged so I couldnt do a frank. I wanna go down the s/c route as you've done. Your engine bay looks soo nice! But I dont think I could live without A/C and power steering, so I'll keep mine in. Top job for putting your 2 cents in! I ENJOYED the read and pics.

I havent touched my thread in ages but its still there if you wanna see. This was before I had the Work Cr Kais and a whole lot of stuff though. K24 blocks look almost the same as k20's except its like 12mm higher and you have to trim down so fat to make it fit, nothing structural. Only way you can tell what it is, is by looking at the engine block. But yea I guess I should post pics up, after all pics or it didnt happen right? lol but i dont have a good camera and no money as all of it goes to buy more stuff for my car.

I do still have AC and PowerSteering. I have custom made AC lines and I have electronic power steering conversion to clean the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by type-Spaz View Post
    I do still have AC and PowerSteering. I have custom made AC lines and I have electronic power steering conversion to clean the bay.
    Now thats F*(king cool.
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

yeah I definitely would freak out not having air conditioning! People are nuts! And the EPS is so amazing!! Way better than stock Hydraulic power steering.

Where did you find the parts for the EPS? Are they aftermarket or did u grab them off a later model Honda? Any luck finding the type S cluster? I can call local wreckers if you'd like and tell u a price, ill try to bargain them down cause they quote crazy prices cause they know most of the time they got you by the balls.

Where did you find the parts for the EPS? Are they aftermarket or did u grab them off a later model Honda? Any luck finding the type S cluster? I can call local wreckers if you'd like and tell u a price, ill try to bargain them down cause they quote crazy prices cause they know most of the time they got you by the balls.
    That would be awesome if you could. A guy PM'd me right away the other day and I wrote him back bust haven't heard anything back yet.

As far as my Electronic Power Steering it is from a US Honda Civic EP3 SI. I'm not sure what you call that there if it is any different? But it is pretty much a direct bolt on you just need to tap into the ECU 3 wires and you need to swap outer tie rod ends. I have a DIY on it. (not sure if you can see this) http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...&highlight=eps

On my show off thread on ClubRSX I have a TON of DIYs like 45 of them or so lol I am the head mechanic for my car club but I'm a DIY whore and love helping others learn and advance.

Pulled the wheel off today.... bye bye EP3 Steering wheel....

Now just waiting on the ITR one to come in the mail! Woot!

WOW! I just became a fan of your work, definitely be checking out all your videos and threads! And ill call up some major honda wreckers I know 3 off the top of my head.

WOW! I just became a fan of your work, definitely be checking out all your videos and threads! And ill call up some major honda wreckers I know 3 off the top of my head.
    Well thank you for the compliments and thank you so much for helping me out with this cluster!

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Nuci has a Type S cluster he bought for this Type R, then realised it didn't fit.

I've done a bit of reading on the EPS as I'm thinking of doing a wire tuck in my car (When I install my K24a3 also). I haven't had a chance to see if there are any Australian models that came with the EPS system, but now that I know what model it came out of, should make my search a little easier.

Oterhwiese, great thread, and I'll be sure to have a read of your ClubRSX thread later!

love how the engine bay looks so stock, and all those braces fit in yet still looks like factory interior

Love the way you guys from the states roll! Clean car and nice vids!

Quote Originally Posted by 45SET View Post
    Nuci has a Type S cluster he bought for this Type R, then realised it didn't fit.

I've done a bit of reading on the EPS as I'm thinking of doing a wire tuck in my car (When I install my K24a3 also). I haven't had a chance to see if there are any Australian models that came with the EPS system, but now that I know what model it came out of, should make my search a little easier.

Oterhwiese, great thread, and I'll be sure to have a read of your ClubRSX thread later!

I could always post up my EPS DIY here for you if you would like. Thats no problem!

Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    love how the engine bay looks so stock, and all those braces fit in yet still looks like factory interior
    Yeah I definitely have a lot of bars lol I call it a mini jail cell. But at the same time I definitely wanted to keep my ITR interior!

Quote Originally Posted by logical View Post
    Love the way you guys from the states roll! Clean car and nice vids!
    There are a lot of trends and followings I don't like, but all in all I just try to keep her clean and simple