Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Seen your car on clubrsx. Absolute sex on wheels.

ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

I'm impatient! So installed!

Quote Originally Posted by type-Spaz View Post
    ITS FINALLY HERE!!!!!

I'm impatient! So installed!

You really are a crazy yank. Nice touch! Been checking your emails friend?
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by V8KLLR View Post
    You really are a crazy yank. Nice touch! Been checking your emails friend?
    You know so because you are helping me with the craziest part of all!! I emailed you back and PM'd you... was a crazy day at work today sorry

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Wow man that is crazy clean, nice as. I'm not much of an engine freak... what is that gauge in the engine bay for?

Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Wow man that is crazy clean, nice as. I'm not much of an engine freak... what is that gauge in the engine bay for?
    looks like a fuel pressure guage for the fuel reg.

But what is the latest thing you installed with all the wires? and how does it work

Yes its a fuel pressure gauge. I am running a new fuel setup with a return line which the car does not have from the factory. So I'm also running an after market fuel pressure regulator which is adjustable so the gauge is to see how much fuel pressure for tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by vtecing View Post
    looks like a fuel pressure guage for the fuel reg.

But what is the latest thing you installed with all the wires? and how does it work
    The latest thing is a tucked wiring harness. This cleaned up the engine soo much. It is a completely rewired harness to clean up the bay, hide wires, and eliminate un-needed crap like the big conjunction box in the harness.

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey Luxury
    Ok thanks for that. You said it is for tuning. So do you have another gauge inside to monitor when driving or is it not needed?

Just trying to make sense of a gauge that won't be seen whilst driving.

Ok thanks for that. You said it is for tuning. So do you have another gauge inside to monitor when driving or is it not needed?

Just trying to make sense of a gauge that won't be seen whilst driving.

When tuning your car and especially when you are boosted you need to make sure you can keep solid fuel pressure to the fuel injectors. I currently removed ALL the stock components to the fuel system and am running all new lines, fittings, rails, FPR, injectors, and etc. When tuning in boost you can start seeing fuel pressure drop up high in the RPMs so we use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to add more or take away fuel. The gauge is to indicate how much pressure we are running. It's also helpful for diagnosis problems in the fuel system for example if a pump is going weak. You'll have less pressure at the injectors. No need to have a fuel pressure gauge inside the car. Big race cars will sometimes have fuel pressure in the car but not needed. Once your fuel pressure has been set you just keep it as a reference.

The biggest need for it is initially setting up a new adjustable fuel pressure regulator. If pressure is to high you have issues, if to low you do too. Stock fuel pressure is around 55psi I believe so with having a gauge while getting my car running I'll be able to adjust the regulator closest to stock to get me going.

One of my internet friends was going through Avid Racings website and saw my engine. He then realize the whole article was mine. He called me up and told me about it and sure enough I scoped it out myself. I'm on their website. It's nothing fancy or anything but it made me feel pretty cool. Like the million DIYs I do and all the help I give pays off in the end sometimes

http://www.avidracing.com/blog/?p=249

Member Array
    yummy SC mmmmm
    naturally i finished my set.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    hey bud nice car and nice mods,,, looking heaps sick aye,,, where you located in the usa, im sinking about moving over to the states end of next year to work
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900