Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accourd Euro 2007

2007 CL9 transmission problems?

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me with an issue I've been experencing with my car. (automatic) and done 74k on the clock, never missed a service. To take it into Honda service center will cost $130 per hour untill they find the problem and additional cost to fix it, so it could poteintially cost me a whole heap!

Problem:
    When travelling at low speed around 30-40km/h the car begins to shake a little. it feels a lot like if you were to change from 2nd gear directly into 4th gear on a manual car. It starts to "jerk", and will continue untill I put a little more weight on the pedal.

That's propblaly the best way i can describe it....

So my question is, has anyone else experence this? and if so what was the problem?

Again, i am rather clueless about cars... and have done a fair bit of searching but nothing has comeup so far...

Thanks for reading.

Member Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Std 5A
    Can you describe anything else like noises or perhaps where the shaking seems to be coming from - is the engine shaking the car or are you feeling wheel vibration through your steering wheel etc.
    '06 Accord Euro Std
    Stock standard =|

Member Array
    Car:
    vtack+non-vtak
    seeing as your car is a 2007 model, i dont know why you dont have warranty on it still, i thought honda dealerships would give a free extented 5 year warranty. absolute bullshit 130 an hr. they could then take it early in the morning and repair it an hr later and give it back to you later that night costing you a days worth of work.

i remember carl from crs automotive saying something like the cvt needs a flush or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Could it have anything to do with the fuel pump or fuel lines?
    Thats just my stab in the dark.
    Dont take it to the honda dealer, its probably gonna be seen by an apprentice and they'll charge you heaps and the problem would probably be still there...

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    hi,

i have a similar problem to yours, does it make like a whining rather loud noise sort off at low speeds?

i have same problem. no worry about that, i think maybe the pedal is too tight if compare with other car. U just need to push more weight on the pedal

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    A 2007 model would be due to have it's auto transmission fluid changed. That is the first thing I would do even if the service interval says it is much later.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accourd Euro 2007
    Thanks for your replies.

Can you describe anything else like noises or perhaps where the shaking seems to be coming from - is the engine shaking the car or are you feeling wheel vibration through your steering wheel etc.
    There's not much sound or noise heard from it at all, appart from the feeling that it is really struggling to keep up. just imagine a Manual car that gone in to a higher gear at low speed. that jerking feeling as thou the car is about to stall.

[QUOTE]seeing as your car is a 2007 model, i dont know why you dont have warranty on it still, i thought honda dealerships would give a free extented 5 year warranty. absolute bullshit 130 an hr. they could then take it early in the morning and repair it an hr later and give it back to you later that night costing you a days worth of work/QUOTE]

Thats excalty what i am scared of, but apparently i can set a time frame on it, now my concerns are, if i say kee it within 2 hours, they will still charge me 2 hours of work and not identify the problem.
    Interms of warrently? I had extended warrenty but it's ran out earlier on this year.... just my luck,

i have same problem. no worry about that, i think maybe the pedal is too tight if compare with other car. U just need to push more weight on the pedal
    You're right, been trying it out this morning, it is really hard to mimic the issue, but when i give it a little more "Gas" it will change gears. I've not tried it in the semi - manual mode yet. maybe i will give that a go.

A 2007 model would be due to have it's auto transmission fluid changed. That is the first thing I would do even if the service interval says it is much later.
    That is a good option, I still have 5k left before the next service, but i think i will take your advice and get it done 1st. Seeing my car is now on recall i might as well do it at the same time.

Would you recommend taking it into Autotune to check? probably be a lot cheaper. :P

Member Array
    decit

I have exactly the same problem. Car jerks around 30-40km/h and happens only when I am accelerating very slowly with light pedal. Thats with the rev not exceeding 2500rpm all the way from standstill.

Weird thing is I started having this problem after a minor accident involving the front suspension. Unsure if this is just a co-incidence.

Anyway, I am not bothered too much now.. just accelerate quicker. I think it could be fuel injectors related.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accourd Euro 2007
    Hi Boleh,

Thanks for your reply,

I dont mind as long as there ae no long term affect, but what if it's a transmission problem or if it is something more serious?

I've been trying to recreate the problem this morning, and it is excatly as you describe. I also noticed it seems to happen when it is in second gear just before the shift to 3rd, (I can see that by adjusting to tiptronic as soon as it happened.)

I'll let you know what hoda comes up with next week.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I may be over the top, but I change my Auto fluid every 12 months or 20,000km. It's a very simple DIY & I regard it as cheap insurance. You can't over-service a car.

Member Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 LUX NAV
    hey ozhondarer's

been trying to figure what's been feeling wrong about my new euro since i just brought it last week and the problem has started to arise... exactly what they said...

when i give it more acceleration it doesnt feel like it skips gears only on low under 2500rpm