Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FEO - hondas "fuel efficient oil"

Hi guys,

I hope i am posting in the right place. I am about to do a standard oil change on my 2001 hrv. I Have heard that all hondas from 2000 up will benefit greatly with hondas oem oil "feo".

Just wondering why this is? Its just interesting to me that most hondas will have a very similar engine. Even for SUVs. Just amazing that they can still make it all work and make it work well. Very well.

Also does anyone know where to buy some in the Western Sydney area?

Thanks guys in advanced,
    Merc

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    You talking about Mineral FEO or FEO premium?

I dont think normal FEO greatly benefit that much or if at all compared to other oil? but yeh most Honda dealers stock FEO.

Btw Castrol Edge is/was on sale at SCA for $43.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    Hondas new premium synthetic oil is expensive for what it is.
    Just buy a few bottles of Edge Sport 5W-30 for $43 while its on special at supercheap and change it every 10,000kms.
    Buy two or three bottles, they dont go on special that often.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Camira
    ... honda FEO is like catrol gtx eheheh

All other makes only have several engines... more or less like honda to decrease the cost of development.
    Club EM1 Represents - member 01 of 01

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    How much are feo's these days ?
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I payed $38 for one last month.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    The mineral version has been $44 ever since I can remember.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    +1 on the 5w30 castrol edge!

I've noticed a big difference between this and the gtx that the stealerships use. The engine revs quicker and easier for starters, and the fuel usage has gone down a bit too.
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    well to start with, 5w30 is alot thinner than the 15w40 or 20w50 gtx that most would use, so its no surprise it revs easier and has better fuel usage, the motor isnt trying to fight its way through the oil!!

secondly, a fully synthetic is more stable, so itll be able to handle the revs.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda vfr800 98
    Does the thinner oil provide enough protection though....that was one of the main points that were always brought up when i bought in my edge oil to use instead of the feo oil.

Quote Originally Posted by 10KRPM View Post
    Does the thinner oil provide enough protection though....that was one of the main points that were always brought up when i bought in my edge oil to use instead of the feo oil.
    In winter it'd be worth it... maybe not in summer nor would it be good for a long drive...

most hondas in Australia.....should run 5-30w or 10-30w Mineral or semi or fully synthetic its your choice - as its generally changed every 5,000kms.
    For a drive on the race track or during a hot hot summer (or climate) try a touch thicker 5-40w or 10-40w.