Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    +1 on the 5w30 castrol edge!

I've noticed a big difference between this and the gtx that the stealerships use. The engine revs quicker and easier for starters, and the fuel usage has gone down a bit too.
    LOL!

I'm using 5w30 Mobil 1 Extended Performance at the moment, love it, and I wont worry about changing oil for a year.

Next time I'll use a 0w-40 Mobile 1 Gold which the Nissan GTR uses.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I always look at kms the engine has Done. I'd only run anything thicker than a 15w40 if the motor has done more than 150k

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    iv always had the best results with FEO 10w30 in my civic - had the car for 5 years and its coming up on 320k kms

iv tried a thicker oil for the higher kms - but it hated it - worse performance and fuel economy and leached power - back to FEO

iv tried FEO Ultra which is 5w30 and the car didnt like that either - burned it up really quick and cleaned out all the crap - but than started seeping out of every crack and the engine felt a little too loose - back to FEO

now ill just keep running FEO and maybe try something different every 50k kms - but the car still runs like the day we got it and iv always used OEM fluids and replacements

cant complain - getting a good run out of this little D15 =p
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    iv always had the best results with FEO 10w30 in my civic - had the car for 5 years and its coming up on 320k kms

iv tried a thicker oil for the higher kms - but it hated it - worse performance and fuel economy and leached power - back to FEO

iv tried FEO Ultra which is 5w30 and the car didnt like that either - burned it up really quick and cleaned out all the crap - but than started seeping out of every crack and the engine felt a little too loose - back to FEO

now ill just keep running FEO and maybe try something different every 50k kms - but the car still runs like the day we got it and iv always used OEM fluids and replacements

cant complain - getting a good run out of this little D15 =p
    In dunno mate. If the oil cleaned out rubbish that's good.... But then if the car leaks.... The oil would be the least of my worries lol
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    it didnt leak - i just got a bit of seep around the usual places - ie dizzy and rocker cover gasket
    it just seemed to be going through more oil with the Ultra
    like with normal FEO i would do an oil change and than not have to worry about it for months (check it every week if not more often)
    but with the Ultra it seemed to need topping up almost every week - so i changed back to FEO and its all back to normal again
    there was a fair bit of extra sludge/carbon in the Ultra when i strained it onto paper towel compared to doing the same thing with normal FEO
    (like ... ultra i got about a 10c coin smudge but normal FEO i usually get nothing)

every engine is going to be different i suppose - i still havnt seen another with this many kms that runs in the same condition
    but it is a bit of a testimonial to how long they will go for if looked after

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    I mean, its not surprising at all.

Thinner oil means its gonna get into more places, leak out, and burn off.

And being a fully synthetic its got detergents in it that would've done a mad clean job.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    yeah i wasn't really surprised by the results either - interesting exercise none the less

are there any places near western suburbs i can buy the FEO oil from?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    a honda dealership

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Been using the FEO Premium oil for awhile now on a EP3 and DC5 i think in the most recent oil change (The only time i actually paid attention to the fuel consumption after changing) i did notice a slight difference fuel-wise compared to the previous Castrol that i'd been using so this thing has a + from me