Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by sdx91 View Post
    so i just bought this r-sr axleback gt2? exhaust for my gd3 yesterday and it should be coming in about 2-3 weeks.
    what do you guys think?

also i tried taking off the stock exhaust but the bolts seem to be on real tight.. what socket wrench do i need to use?
    consider the big piping diameter..you will lose lots of back pressure...wont recommend for 1.5 jazz....but feel free to find out by yourself.

I have tried many exhaust set up...so far mugen titanium is the best in terms of sound & performance and weight saving.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    ehhh, the jazz has an ecu and can control it's fuel injection so back pressure isn't required, if anything it's better because it lets the car expel the exhaust gas faster and helps the engine rev freely
    the whole thing about back pressure and torque would be more relevant to a car with carbies. Although too large of a exhaust can cause cackling and misfire... but u shouldn't have a problem.
    Last edited by GU357; 17-06-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    partially installed my exhaust. i couldnt screw the bolts back on with the springs cos they are hard to push in.. so i just took those springs out for now and tightly screwed the bolts on however there is still a small gap is there an easier way for the bolt springs?

Last edited by sdx91; 17-06-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    WOW! I'm kinda Jelly D:
    very sexy! hows the sound?
    im affraid it will sound too loud and cackly to go for such a large sized one with such little muffling.

In regards to the bolts u just have to really squeeze em I'm afraid, or if u have a blow torch heat em up a bit and squish em a tad, will weaken them.
    I used a rattle gun and just pushed it, however my car was jacked up and the rear wheels off the ground so it was a bit roomier.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BLACK GD3
    How's the sound of the exhaust ???You should record a video and share with us !!!

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    haha thanks gu357. here is a video clip guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjKXo8zcCig

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 Jazz GD3
    damn that sound good

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    NP mate.
    its very sexy sounding ill throw a vid of mine soon as a comparison.
    as soon as i get it off them axle stands ahaha.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3
    haha thanks guys. also i still havnt put the spring on bolts yet.. im worried something will happen? and also maybe the sound is getting messed up cos it not spring loaded?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    possibly, but it would most likely be a vibrating sound because the springs arent there.
    it might be leaking and that could also cause a noise if the bolts arent tight enough to bring the axle back and B pipe together, but that would sound quite loud and highish pitched i think.
    Last edited by GU357; 17-06-2011 at 10:12 PM.

ill put a video of mine up soon.

bashed out cat, 2.5in catback with 2 resonators and the axle back i did twin 3inch pipes on a angle

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Lol thats kool till u get a yellow sticker and the cops tell you that ur engine will will need a 5k re-tune to make it run leaner.
    this happened to my mates RX8 and then hes engine blew leaving the mechanics because it was running lean it overheated ahaha.