Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jazz exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    Stick with Mugen power exhaust you cant go wrong.

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    anyone know if unbolting the axle back is illegal? i mean, the mufflers there to muffle the sound. and we all know that less sound = less girls. so i took it off and BAMBBQSAUCE, a much louder sound. i mean nothing over the top. its just right in my opinion. the girls love it too!...

but yeah, is that illegal?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    uhmm no....

i think its legally required to have a muffler there just put a few holes in it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Tank
    going to haks performance tomorrow to get a quote on catback exhaust for the gd3.
    will let you guys know.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    going to haks performance tomorrow to get a quote on catback exhaust for the gd3.
    will let you guys know.
    $800 min
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    but what about taking off the axle back and get a straight pipe all the way through?

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    yeh sure if u ever get pulled over just say that its technically the same as a performance exhaust, as it just lets it straight out, ie fully opened exhaust.

aslong as the DB isnt overboard, and it doesn't release more CO2 or w.e

edit: there is a chance that a straight pipe will be louder then no pipe tho because the muffler is there to absorb vibration so if there is no axle back it wont vibrate but if there is a straight pipe it might rattle like crazy
    Last edited by GU357; 18-05-2011 at 12:36 PM. Reason: epiphany

straight pipe would be incredibly loud, and it is also illegal, you will get fined alot of money.

i have standard piping but i did a straight pipe from axle back it sounds really good and pretty loud. i did 3inch axle back, so basically no muffler

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by sPoOnD_ View Post
    i have standard piping but i did a straight pipe from axle back it sounds really good and pretty loud. i did 3inch axle back, so basically no muffler
    or!! your could get a straight pipe and weld a piece of larger pipe around it, so it looks like a muffler LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    Fcuk xforce, called them up and the b pipe and axle back for GD3 are now discontinued! That made me so mad ESP since custom piping cost more lol...
    Have you tried searching for OBX on eBay? I'm pretty sure that and xForce come out of the same factory in China
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by GU357 View Post
    or!! your could get a straight pipe and weld a piece of larger pipe around it, so it looks like a muffler LOL
    hahaha possible, im thinking about doing a catback system now, mayb 2.25in or 2.5inch no muffler haha