Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2

Any success/info in fitting 20x9.5 to rear of CU2?

Hey guys.
    Been trawling the net for a few weeks now and spoken to a couple of rim/tyre shops trying to find info but no-ones proving to be very helpfull. Ive seen fella's in the states with 19x9.5 on the rear of the TSX model so im sure it can be done. I just wanted to see if anyone knows of anyone here in Aust thats had any success fitting a staggered front/rear (20x8.5 Front 20x9.5 Rear) I've had a look under the guards and there seems to be a fair bit of room between the rim/tyre and the inner guard and at least an inch between the rim/tyre and the outer guard. Surely someone has found a successfull size/offset combination that will work with that larger size? Any info would be appreciated as ive already fitted coil-overs and put it in the weeds and tinted the windows and im itching to get a set of 20's on it asap but really want that fat rear rim/tyre look! Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiko View Post
    Hey guys.
    Been trawling the net for a few weeks now and spoken to a couple of rim/tyre shops trying to find info but no-ones proving to be very helpfull. Ive seen fella's in the states with 19x9.5 on the rear of the TSX model so im sure it can be done. I just wanted to see if anyone knows of anyone here in Aust thats had any success fitting a staggered front/rear (20x8.5 Front 20x9.5 Rear) I've had a look under the guards and there seems to be a fair bit of room between the rim/tyre and the inner guard and at least an inch between the rim/tyre and the outer guard. Surely someone has found a successfull size/offset combination that will work with that larger size? Any info would be appreciated as ive already fitted coil-overs and put it in the weeds and tinted the windows and im itching to get a set of 20's on it asap but really want that fat rear rim/tyre look! Cheers
    20x9.5 at the rear is possible. You will need a minimum of +37 offset for that! and stretched tyres.

20x8.0 et +30 at the front is FLUSH!

u can get away with these specs without any flaring of your guards. Anything more aggresive will need some work down to the guards. Of course, you will still need to roll your rear guards with the 20x9.5s

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2
    Hey Yung - thanks for the info. Im looking at ordering from the states they have such better wheels over there so i've gotta be pretty accurate with what im after (returns are a no-no)
    Have you had success personally with that size/offset on your own car? And im new to the concept of stretching. I've already found a set of tyres from my supplier at a good price (245/30R20). Is it a special tyre with a certain sidewall design to allow for tyre stretching?

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    yup...had 20x9.5 et+35 rear and 20x8.0 et+30 front once upon a time

perfect fit but the rear was a tad poking...fine if you dont lower the car but once lowered, it will hit the guard even if u roll it, hence me suggesting 9.5 et+38 or higher if u decide to go 9.5

was running 235/30 rear and 225/35 fronts

i dont think there are any tyres designed specifically to be stretched. as long as you dont over do it, it shd be fine. good luck with the wheel hunting man

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2
    Yung - you seem to be the man in the know so ill hit you with one more question. Im looking at Enkei LSR Rims, ive photoshoped them onto my Euro as best I can to give me an idea what they will look like (complete with racey gayboy fake red brembo calipers). They come in 20x9.5 +40 from Enkei. Im happy to have the guards rolled and shave the lips off the front and rear bar sections in the wheel well to stop rubbing. Do you recon that size & offset im looking at will fit up into the guards F&R if I roll them? Ive got the car in the weeds (even with 18's on it now the top of the rear rim is up inside the guards)
    Maybe I should be dummy fitting something in that size to double check. I saw your white euro with those old rims on it! They stuck out way to far for what im looking for and the tyre stretch was MASSIVE!
    I guess i need to see how bad the tyre stretch will be for a 245/30R20 onto a 9.5inch rim

Last edited by Chiko; 19-04-2011 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add photo
    Bellbowrie Mechanical
    17 Staple St, Seventeen Mile Rocks, 4073
    www.bellbowriemechanical.com.au

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2
    Maybe I should just go 8.5inches front and rear and stop effing around! Aggr so painfull I just wanna get the right rims the first time round
    Bellbowrie Mechanical

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    This is how 245/40/19 on a 9.5 width looks like:

9.5 et+40 will not clear the front....u will definitely HIT! take my word ..lol...20x8.0 et+30 is right at the edge at the front. 20x9.5 et+40 will be an extra 9.05mm further out from the hub (just did a quick calc for ya).

also note the load ratings on the tyre choices you choose, 98Y is oem spec...you dont want to go anything extremely lesser to upset the capacity of your tyres.

ALSO .......be sure to double check brake caliper clearance. CU2 calipers are exceptionally larger compared to other cars.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2
    Yung - can I just say thanks for your help - was getting no advice or info from any rim/tyre supplier around Brisbane. Sused out Enkei website. Fittment is only available in 20x8.5+40 and 20x9.5+40 so thats pretty much it I was thinking about the 20x8.5+40 front and 20x9.5+40 rear. I really wish I could find someone with a set of rims in these sizes so I can dummy fit them and check it all out!
    Bellbowrie Mechanical

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    no worries my friend...always happy to help

20x8.5 et+40 fronts and 9.5 et+40 rears will fit perfect

fyi, mine is 19x8.5 +40 front and 19x8.5 +41 rear

so its pretty similar. GREEN LIGHT!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2
    Excellent news. In my late night internet trawling last night I found this (http://socom.acura-cl.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=774428) fella in the US who has done exactly what I wanted to do. 20x8.5+35 Front and 20x9.5+40 Rear. He is adding 5mm spacers to the front to bring them out so if I get my fronts in +40 they should be PERFECT without using spacers. And on the rear he has rolled the guards just incase but he thinks he can bring the rear out another 10mm if he wants (im gonna fit the rears first with rolled guards and see how they go, if I can fit a spacer plate 10mm and bring them closer to the guards I will).
    So thats good news - not that I didnt trust you I just wanted to see someone had gotten away with it 100% before I sent cash overseas for rims.
    I do have another question tho - I was looking at importing these Enkei's from the states but im wondering if importing direct from Japan would be cheaper (being that Enkei is made in jpn?) Have you ever done any importing from jpn?
    Bellbowrie Mechanical

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    u dont need spacers man...thats should be pretty close to the guards already

enkeis are aound $1700-$2000 a set here i think..not sure..thats for RPF1

is it cheaper o'seas? i've never imported anything myself though...so cant really help..someone else in this forum might know perhaps?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro Luxury CU2
    Yeah those Enkei's im looking at are gonna cost $1300 delivered to aust - but cause its over the $1000 threshold its gonna be taxed etc so im having second thoughts at the moment. By the time I pay tax it might not be worth it
    Bellbowrie Mechanical