Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 Accord Euro

Tein's or Pedders.

Hey guys,

I've called up a few places the last couple of days chasing quotes for a coilover package for my euro. The two in particular are Pedders and Fulcrum. Pedders quoted me $2415 fitted for the Extreme XA coilover kit. And Fulcrum quoted me $2480 fitted for the Tein Super Street kit.

Now, you're probably thinking "GO THE TEIN'S!!", but! The bloke at Pedders said euro's have a tendency, once fitted with coilovers, to have a negative camber, which looks really cool! ... but I can't afford new tyres every month. So that price that I quoted from Pedders was with the coilover kit fitted WITH new adjustable camber arms.

I really want to go with the Tein's, basically because that name has such a reputation, but the guy from Fulcrum didn't quote me for new adjustable camber arms.

NOW MY QUESTION IS! How much are adjustable camber arms and of course, should I go Tein's or Pedders?

Sorry if this confuses you, hahaha.

Cheers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    From the 2 options there....id say Tein SS, ask some traders on here about the Tein SS, it might be cheaper to buy from traders and get the shop to install it.
    Also, consider BuddyClub N+, good value coilover which in my eyes are better than the Tein SS. ( i own the Tein SS myself btw )
    The BuddyClub N+ are a popular pick amongst CL9 owners these days, the go lower than and be stiffer than the Tein SS.

All CL9's, once you lower the car, the rear gets quite a bit of negative camber.
    The Ingalls rear camber kit is one of the most used rear camber kits i have seen and heard on here. ( again, i also own a set myself, except i have it to give more negative camber....but thats another story =D )
    Id say it is a definite brand you have to get, it does the job well and is a quality part.

You can source from traders here or buy from the US the rear camber kit whether it be eBay or HeelToe. prices varying from $200-450 for the kit.

have you tried ebay? last i checked the past was just over 1k and installation should be more than 400. not quite sure on what brands where on ebay but still.. a grand in your pocket :P

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Out of interest as I am in the shock absorber market at the moment, what improvements to ride and handling do coil-overs bring to street use?
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    "07" CL9 Limited Lux
    Hey I have a set of JDM Tein SS with spring rates F8kg and R4kg if your interested. I've had these on the car for about 2-2.5 years and put about 15,000km on them. Still working in perfect condition.

I've just switche to Tein Flex which is why im selling. PM me if you're interested. ($960 shipped via courier)
    Last edited by snYpz; 14-04-2011 at 09:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Out of interest as I am in the shock absorber market at the moment, what improvements to ride and handling do coil-overs bring to street use?
    Pesonally i'd go with Bilstein or Koni shocks with eibach springs but if you want to save some money snypz (post above) has a good option for sale

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    I had Tein SS and had no problem with tyre wear I did have rear camber arms but the setup cost me less than $2000. You can fit them yourself and save a few hundred dollars. I dont think Tein SS give enough drop at the rear though. Anyone know if the shock and spring combo is just as easy to install as coilovers?
    Last edited by white_ep3_civic; 14-04-2011 at 09:40 PM.