Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R

CU2 Leather Sports Steering Wheel retrofit into CL9

As the title suggests, would it be possible to retrofit a CU2 Leather Sports Steering Wheel into a CL9?

They have the same buttons in the steering wheel, so i'm guessing that the wiring wouldn't be too hard.
    But would the boss and column be the correct sizes??

I know this is a bit of a wild shot in the dark, but I think it would be better than putting in a DC5 steering wheel without steering wheel controls...
    The stock euro steering wheel is skinny and big, and the CU2 one looks (and feels) amazing!

Last edited by npcan2; 16-09-2010 at 10:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Interesting idea.. also notice the paddle shifters on the steering wheel, it'd also be cool (though useless :P) if you could wire those up with the auto tiptronic CL9s

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    This is deinitely worth following up. It would be cool to be able have the paddle shift functional as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Wow thats nice.. i want to do this too.. how much do these run for?

Just get the CU2, you get more than just the steering wheel... Its an amazing car!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY06Euro Lux Sat Nav Auto
    No thanks Greg I'll stick with my CL9 any day of the week. Don't need the extra lard for no real gain anywhere else!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    CU2 is good.... But whats the point in being on Ozhonda if I'm too afraid to mod. My goal is to have a car that no one in the world has... A CL9 the way it should have come out of the factory IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Update... Mr Heeltoe himself has installed one of these steering wheels on the CL9. Physically, it fits...

He didn't buy the steering wheel with an airbag or buttons (see pic below). One would hope that Honda would be kind enough to use the same connectors in each steering wheel. I would test this myself, but I don't have a CU2 steering wheel on hand to test.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Type-R
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHhhhhhh

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Its 600 bucks from Honda. I like it, but not THAT much lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Because i'm too cheap to afford a new 09-10 steering wheel, i'm thinking about just upgrading to an 06-08 steering wheel. Will my 03 airbag fit into an 06-08 steering wheel?
    Are there any other modifications needed to put the 06-08 cl9 steering wheel into an 03-05?

Member Array
    Car:
    Try hard CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    Because i'm too cheap to afford a new 09-10 steering wheel, i'm thinking about just upgrading to an 06-08 steering wheel. Will my 03 airbag fit into an 06-08 steering wheel?
    Are there any other modifications needed to put the 06-08 cl9 steering wheel into an 03-05?
    Hey Man can u post a pic up of your steering wheel and i'll do the same with mine.. Hopefully u should see the difference between the two.
    XpLoDiN
    AKA Johnno

[Melb] Team Y.C.D - The Dim Sum Revolution!