Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic

Rear subframe brace for eg civic

I've just been browsing online for a rear sway bar and noticed there's alot of rear subframe braces for sale as a kit with the sway bar. Basically I'd just like to know, what is a rear subframe brace, should I buy one, is it necessary for my eg (breeze model with a 24mm sway bar

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    subframe = No subframe tear out from excessive force applied from the thicker swaybar

The only real one that works, is ASR hands down, simple cause of how its constructed and mounted on resulting in evenly distributing the force exerted by the swaybar.

There is also Function7, unless u got a spare kidney to sell, dont bother with it lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Do a search for asr

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    subframe = No subframe tear out from excessive force applied from the thicker swaybar

The only real one that works, is ASR hands down, simple cause of how its constructed and mounted on resulting in evenly distributing the force exerted by the swaybar.

There is also Function7, unless u got a spare kidney to sell, dont bother with it lol

Where have you found evidence that other brands like Blackworks Racing and F7 don't work?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    I never said they dont work, its how its mounted on thats the essential part that will make or break the sub frame, the one kit i have found that is faulty, is the old Whiteline kit for EK, search it an u will see why... even the beaks kit had problems

F7 is mounted the same way as ASR, so no that wont rip out..

Black works is a Ebay knock off of ASR, i was gonna buy it, but there was no real reviews on it, so i didnt touch it, ended up getting ASR 2nd hand instead, BWR, it seems legit enough, same design principal as ASR an F7, with the back plating mounting
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Ok can I just confirm that the subframe is the back section of the chassis where the lcas bolt too? Is the brace needed for any swaybar? Even a stock itr bar on eg

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    Ok can I just confirm that the subframe is the back section of the chassis where the lcas bolt too? Is the brace needed for any swaybar? Even a stock itr bar on eg
    correct.... the biggest any eg/dc2/ek can run is a 14mm stock sway bar, any larger an u be wishing u had a subframe brace, ITR is to big, its 22mm, hence why its always recommended u have a subframe brace, to prevent any tear out.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Thanks heaps for the info mate, do you think itr sway bar is a good choice?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Thanks heaps for the info mate, do you think itr sway bar is a good choice?
    do DC2R front and rear sway bar on the same time.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Are they both direct bolt on's? Should I go dc2r or an equivalent aftermarket model of the same specs?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Are they both direct bolt on's? Should I go dc2r or an equivalent aftermarket model of the same specs?
    Front sway bar is a bolt on
    Rear sway bar you need subframe brace like ASR etc
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Do you think a used itr one is good or am I better off buying a brand new aftermarket one do you think?