Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    I never said they dont work, its how its mounted on thats the essential part that will make or break the sub frame, the one kit i have found that is faulty, is the old Whiteline kit for EK, search it an u will see why... even the beaks kit had problems

F7 is mounted the same way as ASR, so no that wont rip out..

Black works is a Ebay knock off of ASR, i was gonna buy it, but there was no real reviews on it, so i didnt touch it, ended up getting ASR 2nd hand instead, BWR, it seems legit enough, same design principal as ASR an F7, with the back plating mounting

Sorry if that's how I came across, but I'm just not convinced that ASR is the only proven option. Blackworks Racing is a very common brand in the USA, which I see mentioned frequently in feature cars in the Honda Tuning magazine that I have sent over from the USA, as well as their regular ads.

Here's a link to their official site if you haven't checked it out yet:
    http://www.bwrusa.com/

Otherwise they don't look too dissimilar to me, but maybe I'm not looking at the right components of the SFB.

F7

BWR

ASR - admittedly looks tougher, but that's yet to be proven AFAIK

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    theyre all the same idea.

i mean hell, if you have access to a CNC mill, even a plasma/water jet cutter, and some 6061-t6 aluminium, you could make your own.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Sorry if that's how I came across, but I'm just not convinced that ASR is the only proven option. Blackworks Racing is a very common brand in the USA, which I see mentioned frequently in feature cars in the Honda Tuning magazine that I have sent over from the USA, as well as their regular ads.

Here's a link to their official site if you haven't checked it out yet:
    http://www.bwrusa.com/

Otherwise they don't look too dissimilar to me, but maybe I'm not looking at the right components of the SFB.

F7

BWR

ASR - admittedly looks tougher, but that's yet to be proven AFAIK

understandable... but after more research, BWR is simply the same as ASR, just cheaper alternative.... id say if anyone where strapped for cash, definite give a go, no one in aus has yet to put one on, if i hadnt brought the asr kit, definite ill go the BWR kit...F7 is for bling factor lol

If the BWR has similar components to the ASR, an is mounted exactly than id say there almost identical
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    Function 7 for bling factor

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    provided that the dc2r rear sway bar hasnt been in any damage i dont see why there should be any reason to buy new.
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm probably going to go with the BWR so I can mount my DC2R RSB to my EH9 sedan. However for my CRX SiR I'll probably get the full ASR SF brace + RSB kit.

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    theyre all the same idea.

i mean hell, if you have access to a CNC mill, even a plasma/water jet cutter, and some 6061-t6 aluminium, you could make your own.
    True, I've definitely seen it done somewhere. Just a chunk of aluminium with some holes in it...

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    What makes me lol the most is that ASR make a subframe brace for EFs. The swaybar doesn't even mount to the subframe in them lol. It's just bling.

I'd love to see if someone has ever mounted a swaybar conventionaly in an EF. Actually mounted it to the subframe.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Thank god you said so. I haven't even looked at the setup under there ever... Might just go with the Tanabe RSB if that's the case lol. Will check it out when I can be bothered

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    Can somebody tell me what an rsb is?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    Can somebody tell me what an rsb is?