Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    Still learning the acronyms lol
    all good man, everyone has to start some where....

Dougie if u do end up getting the BWR kit, let us know how it goes, for quality and fitment
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I'm tempted to try it out, but the ASR is only $20 more. Do you bother trying to save $20 in this case? Merits more thinking...

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    well you can go for ASR which has been proven to work, or BWR, which hasnt been proven here, and be the test dummy lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Even OBX asr knock off, id say would work just as well as BWR, it just the fitment that might be the hassle LOL
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Well Dougie, like a said the ef swaybar doesn't even mount to the subframe.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
    to see all of my build, checkout

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    Well Dougie, like a said the ef swaybar doesn't even mount to the subframe.

Yeah bro, I'm talking about my '94 Civic sedan. I've already got a DC2R RSB which I picked up for $120. I thought it was a steal so couldn't resist, but I'm hesitant to install it until I have a good SFB. It's already got Bilstein coilovers and JDM lower LCA's so I think the RSB would really improve the handling.

For my EF8 I'm not sure what to do. I'll check out the setup underneath next time I have it out (only drive it once a week or so) and if there's no point getting a SFB for the EF8 then I'll probably go for a Tanabe RSB rather than the ASR.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    If its only 20 more I'd go for the ASR.
    1. Its well proven
    2. Its nice and bling

to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    How much is the function 7 brace? Any user feedback or anything anybody has heard?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by crobaa View Post
    How much is the function 7 brace? Any user feedback or anything anybody has heard?
    Best new price I ever saw was $395 from JDMYard. Probably fine, like the ASR or BWR. Pretty hard to mess up such a simple piece IMO.

Best ASR I've seen new is $270 from JDMYard.
    BWR I've seen for $235 new (private seller), but is now best $250 from Shift Performance.
    Last edited by dougie_504; 16-04-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post

For my EF8 I'm not sure what to do. I'll check out the setup underneath next time I have it out (only drive it once a week or so) and if there's no point getting a SFB for the EF8 then I'll probably go for a Tanabe RSB rather than the ASR.
    A little off topic but I have been doing a bit of reading on track prep of EFs and have read of multiple rear subframe failures, so some sort of subframe brace might be a decent idea. The failures are not due to the sway bar loads since the rear sway on an EF mounts off the frame in a different location, but purely due to the cornering loads transmitted through the LCAs into the subframe. I am considering the ASR brace just because it comes in black.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    A little off topic but I have been doing a bit of reading on track prep of EFs and have read of multiple rear subframe failures, so some sort of subframe brace might be a decent idea. The failures are not due to the sway bar loads since the rear sway on an EF mounts off the frame in a different location, but purely due to the cornering loads transmitted through the LCAs into the subframe. I am considering the ASR brace just because it comes in black.

Very interesting. A few of my friends track their EF8's and haven't had any issues, but I'll ask them what they think anyway

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic H22a
    Just bought a BWR rear subframe brace off ebay for $185 posted from the US

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    Last edited by 13bt; 15-07-2011 at 08:25 PM.