Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S

ITR spoiler on a type s

hey guys. im looking to put a type r spoiler on my type s. i want to have both of it on. just got a few questions before i do it.

1) for peace of mind... where would be the best place to get it professionally installed (carmate?)
    2) If i was going to DIY it.... what is the likely hood of me stuffing it up?
    any tips that i should know about before i start it?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I cant say I have first hand experience with Carmate. I definiately would not go to them. Best to get a decent body shop to install/paint it for you eg Bodyform.

I have seen many dc5's in the states attempt this, IMO i believe its too much. THey however dont use the Type S bootlid, they use an "a spec" boot lid. Pretty much same thing but its not as wide as the width of the car, hence they mount the ITR wing also.

SpoonS on these forums has done it witha Type S bootlid + a Mugen style Wing. In comparison to the above statement, he had to cut the corners/edges off his bootlid to fit the mugen wing securely. Not too sure who did his, but it wasn't the cleanest cut and finish, but it isa must to cut it to fit another wing.

A bit of food for though; if your going to change something with your car, especially aesthically wise, your aim is to improve the look right? Why cut corners and make it look worse because you've skimped out on the workmanship. Research Research and Research! Speak toa bodyshop about it, if they seem confident in doing it for you, go right ahead.

My missus has a DC5 (facelift) , she opted for the ITR wing instead, I kept my Type S wing. IMO, no wing makes the car look fatter when it is low with some stance, the ITR wing does decrease the phattness!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    yeah... i agree. if i am going to do this... i want to do it right.
    i had a look at a few forums and not that many people have done it so im finding it hard decide if i should or should not do it. i find having the spoiler makes the car looks more aggressive and sporty hence why i really want one.

do you have a contact number or address of bodyform? i tried looking for them online but with no luck

i also found this.....
    http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=322996
    but i notice that his cutting skills are not that good and now im scared that im not going to do as good of a job if i was to do it myself.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Thier nowbased in Smithfield !!!!!

Member Array
    bodyforms address is:
    Unit 7/179 - 183 Woodpark Road, Smithfield

the owner's name is Peter.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Integra Type
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...rom-a-Dc5-Guru

read this thread mate.. this saves u having to cover up the holes on the boot as u have the a spec spoiler(just a smaller type s lip spoiler) and a type R spolier..
    If u only want the type r spoiler u need to weld the holes and re-paint it...
    My DC5 type S mods - so far...
    Red H badges/J's Racing Strut&Engine Damper/Gruppe M/Buddy Club RSD/J's Rear Strut/J's Camber Arms/JDM rear Floor bar/EP3r Front Sway

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    yeah.... i want the a-spec spoiler. where can i get one from? it looks crazy good
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...r-s-DC5S-MUGEN

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Damn, that second spoiler looks ricetastic.