Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

what colour wheel/lug nuts on a silver EH with black rims..???

hey guys need help deciding. im after the extended ones like rays etc.. but cant decide on colour.. also, can i trust ebay ones??

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    gee thanks for the help.. if you dont have advice, why bother? too much time on ur hands?? get a life mate

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    What's wrong with your stock ones? They'll match your car colour.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    my stock ones are mismatched and rusted.. just thought its a good opportunity to upgrade them

Silver imo, looks fancy. Other colours like red/blue would look mismatching and cheap

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Blue all the way
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Blue all the way
    thanks mann

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Settle down all of you, be polite and stay on topic please. Next personal attack = infraction.

@OP: I also think this isn't an easy choice; I had trouble deciding too. I decided silver would suit my black CRX and silver MR5's best. In the end I opted for flat silver rather than lustrous but either would have sufficed.
    If you want something that matches well, I'd go for a silver set.

If you want something that stands out (IE blue/red/gold) then I have no idea, I think that looks sh!t.

Don't go for Ebay lug nuts IMO. There are some things I would be prepared to try cheaping out on, but lug nuts isn't one of them. It's a bit safety issue, not just for the protection of your rims. Get a good quality set with a lock nut and ANODIZED paint so that it won't chip/mark so easily when you take the wheels on/off.

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Settle down all of you, be polite and stay on topic please. Next personal attack = infraction.

@OP: I also think this isn't an easy choice; I had trouble deciding too. I decided silver would suit my black CRX and silver MR5's best. In the end I opted for flat silver rather than lustrous but either would have sufficed.
    If you want something that matches well, I'd go for a silver set.

If you want something that stands out (IE blue/red/gold) then I have no idea, I think that looks sh!t.

Don't go for Ebay lug nuts IMO. There are some things I would be prepared to try cheaping out on, but lug nuts isn't one of them. It's a bit safety issue, not just for the protection of your rims. Get a good quality set with a lock nut and ANODIZED paint so that it won't chip/mark so easily when you take the wheels on/off.

thanks dougie, appreciate ur help.. thats the kinda info i was after, just needed an opinion. ill probably go for a set of silver ones.. just need to find a good brand.

cheers

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by cihanvtec View Post
    thanks dougie, appreciate ur help.. thats the kinda info i was after, just needed an opinion. ill probably go for a set of silver ones.. just need to find a good brand.

cheers

If you want long nuts you could go with the Rays 'Duralumin' (JDMYard sell them). I wanted shorter ones as I was concerned that somebody could use one of those lockable/adjustable shifters to remove them if they poke out of your rims too much (having a mental blank and can't think of the name for the tool lol).
    Also the Duralumins are more common due to the Rays label, and they share a common lock-nut so anybody else with the Duralumins can get your wheels off with their own key.

So I went with the Kics Project 'Leggdura'.

yay. wheel nuts

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    If you want long nuts you could go with the Rays 'Duralumin' (JDMYard sell them). I wanted shorter ones as I was concerned that somebody could use one of those lockable/adjustable shifters to remove them if they poke out of your rims too much (having a mental blank and can't think of the name for the tool lol).
    Also the Duralumins are more common due to the Rays label, and they share a common lock-nut so anybody else with the Duralumins can get your wheels off with their own key.

So I went with the Kics Project 'Leggdura'.
    talking about the gator grips? i also have a fear of one day on return to my car to find my work seekers missing

Last edited by ricerockets; 16-04-2011 at 05:05 AM.