Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    17 HR-V VTi-S

Spider nest on tailgate of car.

Howdy,

I have just got my car back from da peeps putting in a front bar and rear bar on my car for me, and they said they noticed a redback spider on my tailgate and killed it for me. They also said there was a nest, but they did not remove the nest, instead they sprayed it with insect spray.

Do you guys think that the nest would still be active? I am taking the precaution and assuming that the nest is still active, what is the best way to rid the spider nest?

I am asking whether i should take my rear bar off to get access to my tailgate and just yank the nest off, or should i just leave everything on and just spray my car with insect sprays?

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Better to take rear bar off and clean it all off.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    if ur cars in a garage could you set off one of those mortein bombs underneath the rear bar?

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    yeah, do what lukey said

If not in garage, its not hard to take off the rear bar anyway, spray the shit out of it
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    17 HR-V VTi-S
    Arghhh i don't have a garage unfortunately..

The thing is i'm not confident in taking the rear bar off.. as it's aftermarket and probably needed some work to be put on.... my front bar for eg. i have paint scratched off my fenders from the workshop putting the front bar on. So it seems like hard work to get those bars on !!

Im thinking of just calling the pest control guy who does pest control in my house to spray the bottom of the car.. you guys recon that would work?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Cover your car in tarp and yell out Fire in the hole!
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Hahahahah fire in the hole!
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeroy!

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY08 WRX G3
    if there are spiders in the egg of a nest i dont think they are affected by the chemical sprayed on it... not sure though~

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    I have tried those mortein pest control bombs before, effective on roaches, silverfish and small spiders etc but many tougher spiders it wont do.

Probably best thing to do is remove the rear bar and use a proper spider control spray directly on the area.

But then again spiders are the work of the devil. Burn the car.

Just for your piece of mind, a red back cannot kill an adult only small children. If you do get bitten it will hurt like hell the best thing you can do its get an ice pack on it. Invest in alot of mortein
    Straight lines love fast cars. Hard corners love fast drivers.