Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    b18c eg
    i have done this. my eg is a 95 and the b18c2 was out of a 93 teg i just got a blue slip and i was done. i didnt get asked about brakes. iam in nsw

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    I was fairly sure that within Australia, it was illegal to put an engine older than the chassis in. However I can't find that document anymore. Have a look around www.infrastructure.gov.au/ is useful if you're willing to put in the time to dig though it.

Assuming this is true, simply replacing the head won't do. In my state (and yours as I've just discovered) it is neccessary (for a legal swap) to first submit a modification application http://www.transport.sa.gov.au/pdfs/...%20Vehicle.pdf).

In this form you are required to supply the serial number of the engine which i believe is stamped into the block. And i don't mean "b18" or whatever is stamped on the block just under the head, i mean the engines unique serial.

I could be wrong though. Do some searching of the sites I mentioned. I'll let you know if i find the bit about it being illegal in Aus. Or if all else fails, pick up the phone and give em a ring.

Seb

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5
    Thanx Sebtoombs some good info in those links and thanx for linking the "Mod form" i was looking for that again cheers!
    EG5 w/ B18C Project.