Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9

Alternatives to JTune package

Hey guys,

I recently decided to upgrade my CL9, and the JTune system looked great. However, they no longer offer it. Anyone aware of anyone, in Sydney particularly, who offer CL9 upgrade packages similar to what JTune was doing?

I'd rather not run around the world looking for parts, but instead have someone who knows what the heck they are doing (I'm new to Euro's) sourcing and installing everything.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers,

Rev

P.S. Looking for exhaust/intake/power upgrades particularly. I've got a rear sway bar, and other handling will come later.
    Last edited by Rev; 21-07-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    Hey guys,

I recently decided to upgrade my CL9, and the JTune system looked great. However, they no longer offer it. Anyone aware of anyone, in Sydney particularly, who offer CL9 upgrade packages similar to what JTune was doing?

I'd rather not run around the world looking for parts, but instead have someone who knows what the heck they are doing (I'm new to Euro's) sourcing and installing everything.

Any help would be awesome.

Cheers,

Rev

P.S. Looking for exhaust/intake/power upgrades particularly. I've got a rear sway bar, and other handling will come later.
    Extreme Project World (vendor here)

You'll need a tune afterwards, if you are looking at a custom tune that means means either Honda FlashPro+USDM ACURA TSX ECU +Tune (about $2 grand) or Kturner + USDM CRV/ACCORD ECU + tune (about a grand, but you lose cruise control)

Doing a power Job to get you 150 odd KW (manual) to the wheels you'll need:

Cold Air Intake
    Race header
    Exhaust (2.5 inch or bigger)
    High flow cat converter
    RBC Intake manifold
    Bigger throttle body (optional)
    VTC cam gear to 50 degrees (from 25)

That and custom tuning, it'll be a 5-6 grand exercise.

Then if you want a bit more you can either get a more aggressive OEM cam from the USDM Acura TSX (2006 or on wards model) or a stage 1 cam. without upgrading OEM valve train.

Or if you want to go nuts, stage 2+ cams, new valve train, new pistons, new oil pump, new injectors, up-rated timing chain and tensioner etc etc etc. Few grands here.

then the (manual) gearbox, LSD, final drive, ratios etc. Another couple of grand here.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 21-07-2014 at 11:16 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    for me i would go handling before perfomance. no point in having power if the suspension won't handle it!
    MY05 Honda Accord Euro Luxury Auto
    1991 Nissan Pulsar N14 SR20DE (WORKED NA)
    1993 Nissan Pulsar N14 SSS (High Comp N/A)

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, I've got a RSB.

The thing with suspension, is it's expensive as heck to change, and if you're not happy with it it's not like you can go trade it in again and try other brands etc. I was looking at different coilover options, and just caught myself thinking "how the heck am I going to run this back-breaking stuff and still justify it as a 'family man' car".

I had a great setup, running dc2r suspension on my EG. It was just the right mix of hardness and drivability. If I could capture a similar feel for the Euro, that would be awesome, but would have no idea where to start. Thoughts?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    The thing with suspension, is it's expensive as heck to change, and if you're not happy with it it's not like you can go trade it in again and try other brands etc. I was looking at different coilover options, and just caught myself thinking "how the heck am I going to run this back-breaking stuff and still justify it as a 'family man' car".
    As someone who has been running Tein Flex on my CL9 for 7 years, I agree. There are non-coilover options that give you both comfort and improved handling. A nice one is the old's Eibach springs and Bilstein damper combo. Just not sure where you can get that now.... Any ideas?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^^ bilestin coilover kit you can buy from the EU.

Will cost as much/more than coils tho.

Personally I'd pick tein CST coils, comfort oriented coils .
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Fredoops, you're a bloody legend.

My Tein CST coils arrived from Japan and were fitted today and they're just awesome. The car handles like she's on comfortable rails, with very little yaw in cornering, and without too much disruption to the ride quality. Now I just need to tweak the dampeners some more to get them just right, but overall I'm very impressed by the product and am surprised its not more popular.

Thanks again, great advice.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Yeah, the CST are a great coil. The reason they arn't popular is because of their price. Tein alone has half a dozen coils that fit the CL9 but are cheaper. And those who want to pay a premium normally look towards a more "premium" like KW or Blistein. I personally would love a set of CST, but my H-Tech will do 90% of the job, and only set me back 1/5 the price.