Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    Hook me up asap lols
    LOL... nah, he just got foreclosed on his car loan.

Got pissed off and took a .45 and shot at the car.... Needless to say, dirty harry won.

And then he took out 1/2 the engine block before the car got towed by the bank.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by dougie_504 View Post
    I'm all for modding engines, but I just believe that you go like this (for power):
    1. I/H/E
    2. Head build (mild) - mildly aggressive cam shafts/gears + tune
    3. Head build (aggressive) - more aggressive shafts, supporting valvetrain, head work, TB/IM + tune
    4. Block (mild) - larger displacement + tune
    5. Block (aggressive) - high comp pistons, lightweight crank maybe, forged internals a good idea + tune

Flywheel upgrade a fun idea. Clutch upgrades as appropriate.

To me personally it just makes more sense to do things this way due to accessibility to head/block for labour, power gains, laws regarding engines swaps (block numbers), being able to put a built head on a bigger block if you need more power later etc.
    Wouldnt it be better to do just one final tune at the end of all your mods? instead of having to do a tune every now and again. Id understand if it was over a long period of time though. Please enlighten me
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Absolutely, but most people aren't prepared to do a bull top/bottom build all at once. They don't have the cash and generally want to get 'a bit more power' rather than go the whole nine yards...then they keep upgrading.

For me I'm in a position like that. Wondering if I should tune now after head build, or do a B20 in case I decide I want one later down the track...

ah i see now. I have a b16 too, i was thinking of building it up but im not going further than i/h/e cause i have other plans now. h22 type s into a dc2...thatll be within the next two years hopefully. Ive thought about b20 but i want something different.
    Go b20! If i were you i would
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Considering it because one day I might want that much power.

But my B16A block has 101,500 genuine KMs on it and is compressing at 215, 210, 215, 220. Super awesome comp.

oh damn! maybe wait a couple years then lol
    DEEFUFF 4LYF