Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    one 12" sub will do i reckon

Best speakers i have ever had are Alpine type r's.
    you havnt head much then....

Also, dont forget, you need to spend at least as much on the amp as you do on the sub.

so if its gonna cost you 500 bucks, dont spend less than that on an amp.

also, make sure when buying an amp you look at RMS power not max, and try to get an amp whose RMS power exceeds the continous rated power handling of the subs.

That way you can have the gains turned down, and youll treat it easier and itll last longer, run cooler,. etc etc.

Think of it this way, two engines both make 300hp. One does it at 8k rpm, and lasts only 2 weeks before it blows up and one does it at 2k rpm, and lasts forever.

same deal.

lol, i havent. but for the price they were dayum good
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Out of the two that you posted OP, I would take option 1. Wire them up as stereo and it would be awesome compared to 1 =]
    Subwoofer's aren't meant to be a directional speaker. When i say this i mean that a car's sound system is usually set up as 2.1 stereo. The 2 refer's to 2 channels of directional feed (left and right) and 1 channel of non directional (sub). Having your subs set up in a stereo format can cause horrible, horrible noises. If the subs are playing two different notes or sounds at once it can cause horrible dissonance resulting in a really bad listening experience. You may also cause a bad bass trap in the boot with one sub trying to push against another set of vibrations in the air, this could potentially cause damage to the subwoofer.

Just my two cents worth
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    you havnt head much then....

Also, dont forget, you need to spend at least as much on the amp as you do on the sub.

so if its gonna cost you 500 bucks, dont spend less than that on an amp.

also, make sure when buying an amp you look at RMS power not max, and try to get an amp whose RMS power exceeds the continous rated power handling of the subs.

That way you can have the gains turned down, and youll treat it easier and itll last longer, run cooler,. etc etc.

Think of it this way, two engines both make 300hp. One does it at 8k rpm, and lasts only 2 weeks before it blows up and one does it at 2k rpm, and lasts forever.

same deal.

Very good advice, just make sure to turn the gain down! Don't wanna burn out those speakers within a week.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!