Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    I actually did get really bad whiplash... i had to spend the night in the hospital.. im reaaaally really sore in my neck/abs/lower back
    no its not a j's exhaust.. its actually Chris_F's old one...
    no airbags went off... i kinda thought maybe the side ones would have gone off..
    i have the car insured for about 17000 i think.. tbh i really cant remember.. (im pretty sure they know of the rims... not exhaust tho)
    im really on the fence about whether or not i want it written of/whether i think it will be or not... ive only had it a year so i havent really paid that much off the loan..
    its being assessed at the moment... fingers crossed i found out soon.. i dont know whats going to be good or bad news lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Glad you're OK now. Depends if the damage is structural as to whether it'll be written off, if it's all bent I'd guess it might be.

What caused you to need to overnight in hospital? I had a head on t-bone at 50km/h which turned my car around 180 degrees (when some wanker pulled out from a give way sign across me) and even though I went to get checked out they just gave me panadene forte lol. Was v sore for a week or two but I think mine was mitigated because I saw them coming and braced!?

Make sure you file a claim for your injury expenses with the other person's CTP insurance as well as for your car. (You'll need ur doc to fill out a form later on so go to your GP as well as the hospital it's easier.)

Member Array
    Car:
    Understand
    i had about same damage on my dc2r. i was quoted 6k dmg. no write off =/

~King Of Spam~

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Luxury
    they were really worried because after the accident i had severe lower back pains and they said they werent taking any chances.. i had to go to the hospital for an xray, and then a CT scan.. took all night to get the results... they wouldnt let me move until i had the all clear. I've got a letter from the hospital to give to my gp.. i didnt think i needed to do anything about CTP n claiming for injuries tho..

What insurance company are you with?

Suncorp is more likely to write off the car than any others.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    What insurance company are you with?

Suncorp is more likely to write off the car than any others.
    Is that mean suncorp write off the car and payout for most small damages.. I thought NRMA is the best one..

Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Is that mean suncorp write off the car and payout for most small damages.. I thought NRMA is the best one..
    I'm not sure.

When my Camry got into an accident, the panel beater told me that Suncorp is the company that is most likely to write off cars quicky.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Yeah you need to claim your medical expenses off their compulsory third party injury insurance. Don't stress about it you've got months to do it I think.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    I reckon it'll be written off.Let us know the outcome.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by I CU2 View Post
    I'm not sure.

When my Camry got into an accident, the panel beater told me that Suncorp is the company that is most likely to write off cars quicky.
    Yah as far as I know suncorp's the fastest in writing the car off and then the pay out.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro L - CU2
    Wow mate, thats a fair 'thwack' your car's taken!!
    If he's hit you going ~70kmph, the damage is testament to the build quality of these cars,
    also I reckon it'll have chassis damage of some sort, so my money's on it being a write off.....

Sorry for you mate, glad you're ok.:-)

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Oh no,terrable to see a Euro looking so sad............