semi-auto h22a into ek1?

hey

i like to put a semi-automatic h22a engine into an ek1. i cant drive manual so was wondering is this swap worth it?

worth it? the swap is very possible. if its what you want then it would be worth it. If i were you i'd rather learn manual and then do a manual swap. it would be more fun
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Quote Originally Posted by MR.K View Post
    hey

i like to put a semi-automatic h22a engine into an ek1. i cant drive manual so was wondering is this swap worth it?
    If your paying money to do a swap, i suggest you put in a decent motor worth swapping, and learning manual off it. Otherwise just save your money man
    - Its not what you drive. Its what drives you.

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    do it once do it right! manual B/K series > ANY semi-auto series anyday!

Member Array
    Car:
    5th Gen Prelude
    I dont see why you would want to put one of the single worst Honda automatic transmissions into another car. It doesnt even deserve to be in a Prelude.

This is because...

1) If its out of a pre 99 lude then it has an incredibly high fail rate.
    2) Its really slow.

ive always curious to know how you would set this up? what ecu would u be running? or any semi auto transmission, for example if u kswap and use the auto gearbox. do you gotta take it into the shop and get the them to tune ur aftermarket ecu? (i assume something like a kpro) or something, to configure the auto settings?
    Last edited by MWAKU; 08-05-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

i cant drive manual so was wondering is this swap worth it?
    Then learn to drive manual. Why do you want to tell your friends "I decided to swap in a 4 speed H22A4"
    Doesn't sound right...

hey

nope. maybe learn manual