Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hid help!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5

Hid help!

Hey guys,

So I installed H4 HIDs into my Jazz, all works fine BUT when I high beam, there is not lights. Anyone else have this problem? Any fixes?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Did you buy a kit with both Low and Hi beams? cause the cheap ones usually only have low beams.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    that sounds about right, is there a bulb I can change or nah?

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    you need new bulbs and different loom for the hi/lo controller.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1988 Civic hatch; 06 jazz
    Just be aware that you will get a defect notice for putting HID lamps in a car that is not designed for them.

To be legal, they must be projector type headlights with a washing system and be automatic self leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by gramin View Post
    Just be aware that you will get a defect notice for putting HID lamps in a car that is not designed for them.

To be legal, they must be projector type headlights with a washing system and be automatic self leveling.
    That is correct.

However they do require 3 "defects" to actually give you a notice, I have gone past countless booze busses and been pulled many times with only 1 cop ever commenting that my car shouldn't have HIDs in, and he even asked if they were HIDs, I guess because the jazz is a newish car it doesn't seem terribly out of place unless you run like 8k HIDs or something.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    That is correct.

However they do require 3 "defects" to actually give you a notice, I have gone past countless booze busses and been pulled many times with only 1 cop ever commenting that my car shouldn't have HIDs in, and he even asked if they were HIDs, I guess because the jazz is a newish car it doesn't seem terribly out of place unless you run like 8k HIDs or something.

Not true, there is no minimum. The booze bus that you probably went past was probably only normal cops and not highway.

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1.5
    do you guys know where the adjustment nut is for the GD3? pictures maybe?

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    That is correct.

Yes spot on. Agreed

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by gramin View Post

NOT TRUE! I only found out the other day that some cars came stock with D2R hid bulbs meaning they were designed to work with a reflector housing.

This changes the whole theory that HID must exist in projector housings!
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Buy yes if your reflector style headlights were designed for halogens then putting HIDs in will just give you immense amount of glare even if you do have Casper shields.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Quote Originally Posted by EG52NV View Post
    NOT TRUE! I only found out the other day that some cars came stock with D2R hid bulbs meaning they were designed to work with a reflector housing.

This changes the whole theory that HID must exist in projector housings!

I believe the highest model yaris comes with HIDs or was it the corolla? either way im quite reasonably sure it doesnt have the washing system on it either. The general go is (not legal) that if your car is new enough, cops are not as suspicious about it and would be less likely to give you a defect over it as opposed to something that is blatantly out of place, such as an eg/ek. It would be unlikely a cop would pull you over on the basis of HIDs, it would be moreso because of other reasons.