Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hid help!

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Nah i think the law is washer system is required, because dirt and debree will cause the xenon light to scatter hence why it's a legal requirement to have washers to clean the lenses... But yeah Lexus IS300 is an example of a car running reflector housings with D2R hid bulbs.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R

Just installed on Thursday night.

Pros: the design of the Jazz reflector housing is very good therefore the amount of light output onto the road is very well distributed and no hot spots.
    Using Casper shields I was able to minimize the amount of glare which is a result of the increased kelvin and lumen rating vs regular H4 bulbs.
    There is still a good cut off at the end of the beam although not as sharp as it used to be with regular H4s but still better then on an EG or EK.

Cons: the made in china $50 eBay hi/lo bi-xenon hid kit is emitting FM interference which is affecting reception on 96.1 all other stations are fine. I know it's FM interference though the air waves because I turned the radio on in my iPod and it got affected too.

Other thoughts:
    If you have hazy headlights buff them up before using HIDS or else you will scatter light everywhere!

In conclusion: Get them and aim them down the Jazz headlight construction is very well designed.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

retrofit ftw!

hid on jazz reflector is ghey, i literally had to point them down.
    still got so much stuff left from my retrofit stock pile
    Last edited by Dreams; 20-05-2011 at 03:18 PM.
    simple - I sell wheels clicly