Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209

New suspension installed: creaking from front.

Just installed Koni sport and Eibach pro kit. front drop is 2"

All good, but I'm getting some creaking from the front at times.

1) When I'm backing in to my garage at weird angles on sloped ground.
    2) On hard cornering left turns from the right strut. In all honesty I haven't noticed or had a chance to corner it hard on right handers.

I never had this problem with my stock sussy. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance

Mike
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 21-04-2011 at 10:02 PM.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    So would it be when the front is fully compressed?

Could be the springs binding, or trying to twist on the perches.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Bushes? And are all the nuts/bolts tightened to spec? I re-check mine after driving for a bit on new sussy.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Pretty sure everything is tight, I've re-checked it

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    So would it be when the front is fully compressed?

Could be the springs binding, or trying to twist on the perches.
    Yes, it seems to be when they are fully compressed. It does sound like it might be trying to twist.

Any way to fix this?
    Last edited by Mikecivic78; 22-04-2011 at 01:26 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    my rears were doing this on my coilovers. fixed its self. i think they just gota be worn in. (around 300kms of driving)
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Your problem is very common but is not something that affects the safety of your ride, Unfortunately the creaking is annoying.We install a lot of coilovers and what you have is a spring rotating slightly on turns and sometimes on turns going up or down a slope.

1) did you grease the rubber tops where the centre bolt of the top strut bolt in?
    2) check by loosening the top bolt and going on funny angles up a slope and see if noise goes away. if it does, lubricate the top rubber or bearing with rubber grease or spray on silicon lubricant.
    3) check that the top and bottom of the spring seat has a rubber insulation.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by mao View Post
    Your problem is very common but is not something that affects the safety of your ride, Unfortunately the creaking is annoying.We install a lot of coilovers and what you have is a spring rotating slightly on turns and sometimes on turns going up or down a slope.

1) did you grease the rubber tops where the centre bolt of the top strut bolt in?
    2) check by loosening the top bolt and going on funny angles up a slope and see if noise goes away. if it does, lubricate the top rubber or bearing with rubber grease or spray on silicon lubricant.
    3) check that the top and bottom of the spring seat has a rubber insulation.
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I got a shop to do the shock assemblies so I'm not sure if the tops were greased. All I did was remove and install the assemblies into the vehicle.

How can I lubricate the rubber? I have a tube of rubber grease handy. Do I need to disassemble the shocks to do this?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    I'd check over their work again and post pics of them

Bushes sound like they're getting old
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by EK1.6LCIV View Post
    I'd check over their work again and post pics of them

Bushes sound like they're getting old
    Which bushes? Tophat bushes?

Also, it's hard to check over their work, as that means taking the shockies out and taking them apart. I might have to do it eventually. I'm sure of my work putting them out and in though.

Member Array
    Car:
    nsx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikecivic78 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I got a shop to do the shock assemblies so I'm not sure if the tops were greased. All I did was remove and install the assemblies into the vehicle.

How can I lubricate the rubber? I have a tube of rubber grease handy. Do I need to disassemble the shocks to do this?
    1) First of all, can you loosen the top nut off the shock slightly but do not totally remove it for safety and do a test drive. Is it still noisy? If yes, go to 2. If no, go to 3.

2) Also before removing the shock, try spraying a silicon lubricant on the top hat bush for the top to see if the noise goes away?

3) Remove the 2 front shocks, and dissemble the shock, unless your koni is set so low that by jacking the car up, there is no tension on the spring, you can apply rubber grease to the top hat and bottom mount.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    did you torque up bushes bolts with wheel on ground?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    did you torque up bushes bolts with wheel on ground?
    Which bushes bolts do you mean?