Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO

HELP! with 06 Lux accord euro

Hey guys,

Yesterday I experience some wierd problems with my car, I was driving fine and suddenly the battery sign lights up (charging system indicator) and flashing was the 'check system'

So I thought was pretty seriouse.. I started to head home at a easy pase.

On my way home my headlights started to flicker and all these warnings started to flash (engine light, airbag, VSA, ABS etc) I noticed that when I tried to lower my windows it was struggling..

So I thought I should pull over.. when I pulled over it seems the car was losing power.. the navi screen was just turning on and off, the speedo started to cut off and wipers wouldnt work...

Then slowly everything started to happen all at once and engine was starting to die on me.. so I decided to turn off my engine and rest it abit.. after for about 40mins I tried to start my car again and make my way home.. as I got home headlights wouldnt turn on no more, power was just dead.. so I left it for the night..

The next morning I tried to turn on my car.. it wouldnt turn on no more.. there is no power whatsoever..

Have any of you guys seen this problem before ? and advice on what could be the issue?

Thanks heaps guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    This is when you get the car towed to a Honda dealership. Could be a lot of things, could be a lot of serious things too.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    could this be a alternator by n e chance?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by rayz View Post
    could this be a alternator by n e chance?
    COuld be, but best to take your car to HOnda dealership for check the issue. Do you have roadside assistance Rayz and Honda 5yr warranty?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I'll have to check if the honda 5 yr warranty is still valid..

I just wanted to see if it is a easy fix.. or common problem..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    just an update on the issue..

unfortunately there is only 3 years warranty and no extended 2 yrs..

well there seems to be power but it feels like the battery is not charging.. it was struggling to turn on but not enough power?

i'll try to jump start it abit later and see how i go..

do u guys know how much it will be to replace an alternator?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    just an update on the issue..

unfortunately there is only 3 years warranty and no extended 2 yrs..

well there seems to be power but it feels like the battery is not charging.. it was struggling to turn on but not enough power?

i'll try to jump start it abit later and see how i go..

do u guys know how much it will be to replace an alternator?
    I reckon it's the alternator not charging which in turn has flattened the battery..Take it to an auto electrician for a diagnosis.If it's the alternator ask them if they can supply you with an exchange unit.I'm guessing $400-500???

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1234 View Post
    I reckon it's the alternator not charging which in turn has flattened the battery..Take it to an auto electrician for a diagnosis.If it's the alternator ask them if they can supply you with an exchange unit.I'm guessing $400-500???
    They can probably rebuild it for less
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    hey guys just an update to where things are at.. hopefully I can get some more advice.

today I changed the battery with a new one.. now is all working fine.. (engine turns on, wipers, headlights)
    its just I still have the battery engine light and check system lighting up..

I have had a look through the user manual and it says 'the battery systerm is not charging etc'

do u guys know what the problem could be now?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '04 Euro [Cl9]
    ummm... why did you change the battery???

It seems the alternator has died, and hence the battery had gone flat. You have now replace the battery with a new charged one, while the alternator still doesn't work. So expect the new battery to go flat fairly soon and you will be left with the same problem...

Ollie

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '11 Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by opilot87 View Post
    ummm... why did you change the battery???

It seems the alternator has died, and hence the battery had gone flat. You have now replace the battery with a new charged one, while the alternator still doesn't work. So expect the new battery to go flat fairly soon and you will be left with the same problem...

Ollie
    Agree, why did u change battery for?

Go to an auto sparky so they check ur alternator sounds like a resonable thing

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    hey guys just an update to where things are at.. hopefully I can get some more advice.

today I changed the battery with a new one.. now is all working fine.. (engine turns on, wipers, headlights)
    its just I still have the battery engine light and check system lighting up..

I have had a look through the user manual and it says 'the battery systerm is not charging etc'

do u guys know what the problem could be now?

thanks
    Should've gone to an auto electrician, now you've just wasted the time and money on a new battery.
    AND you STILL have to go to an auto-electrician to fix the alternator.