Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan

Exclamation Civic EG B16A4 dilemma

Hey guys hope you're all doing good.
    I have a little problem. Swapped a B16A4 OBD 2 and the ECU is P2t into my Civic EG SEDAN recently. Retained my original D16 wiring harness since I got none with my b16 ><.
    Anyways, I have a MAP sensor missing aswell as INTAKE sensor that plugs into the intake pipe. Also getting a CEL code for Knock sensor. I'm currently getting Code 3, Code 23 and another one for intake sensor missing. Anyway, the problem is that the car is running like absolute shit, stalls alot, idles low as **** and I don't even feel the vtec kicking in. ALso running very rich. I also noticed some oil getting into cylinder 1 plug.
    Another thing is that the car gets even worse after a bit of harsh driving around the city, temperature gauge stays on normal temps but the engine is REALLY REALLY hot even after several hours after being parked. Or maybe thats just me feeling paranoid.
    Anyways i'm getting MAP sensor and Intake sensor tomorrow, so that I can resolve these issues for the time being. Knock sensor I can't find at the moment where i'm at ><.
    Guys any help will be greatly appreciated!

Few pics:

Last edited by vyrus; 23-04-2011 at 07:52 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan
    No one ?

What help do you need? It sounds like you already have the answers.

Code 3 MAP sensor

Code 23 Knock Sensor

IAT sensor (Code 10)

Resolve these fault codes and you will be on your way to getting your car running properly.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan
    Great so I get a new MAP sensor today, a new knock sensor aswell as the IAT sensor. Now i find out that I ALREADY had a map sensor installed on the TB :S i mean, wtf ?
    Theres a hose coming out from the back of the Manifold to which I thought i had to install the MAP sensor to.
    Now what ? I've got 2 different places for MAP sensors. I'm officially stumped!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan
    Great so I get a new MAP sensor today, a new knock sensor aswell as the IAT sensor. Now i find out that I ALREADY had a map sensor installed on the TB :S i mean, wtf ?
    Theres a hose coming out from the back of the Manifold to which I thought i had to install the MAP sensor to.
    Now what ? I've got 2 different places for MAP sensors. I'm officially stumped!

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    did the car get converted to obd2?
    which engine is in there and which ecu is in there? (which B16 and what stamp on ECU?)
    what year is the engine and which year is the car
    what was the original engine? (which D16?)
    auto or manual?
    what mods?

need more info man ...
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan
    Dude at least read my first post :s

Account Disabled Array
    Obviously there is something wrong with either the wiring harness or the sensor itself. The easiest is the change over the sensor and see if the code goes away. If it doesn't, then you got some wiring issue. When using the D-series loom, you'll need to add wires and rewire a few things to get it working

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by vyrus View Post
    Dude at least read my first post :s
    i did read your first post and NONE of the questions i asked where answered there - the only thing that is stated clearly that you have is a "B16A4 OBD 2 P2t ECU" whatever that is

help us by helping yourself - either edit your first post, provide more info, or i will remove the thread

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan
    Is the wiring for all D series VTEC the same? As in, JDM D15b vtec and a D16 vtec ?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    i did read your first post and NONE of the questions i asked where answered there - the only thing that is stated clearly that you have is a "B16A4 OBD 2 P2t ECU" whatever that is

help us by helping yourself - either edit your first post, provide more info, or i will remove the thread
    B16a4 is obviously the engine code
    OBD2 is the type
    P2t is the ecu

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    the ecu is from P2T : 99+ OBD-? Civic Si Coupe - which is USDM
    and the engine is from the JDM 96-99 SiR Hatch - only the manual version

the car was originally what model? being an EG it would have been OBD-1
    so what harness are you trying to use?

so the car has been converted to OBD2?
    what year is the engine? what year is the car?
    what was the code for the original engine?

and no they arnt all the same

either start providing info or i will delete this thread because its useless