Threaded View

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic VTIR

Civic Fuel Gauge / Suspension / Alarm question

Hi All,

I just bought an EM1. The fuel gauge seems to go up and down when I'm driving. I'm not talking a little bit. The movement of the needle can be from full down to 3/4 of tank. Then there is the regular movement in between this range. I know I'm driving up and down hill but I have never seen a needle move so much before ? Anyone know what is going on ?

Also I think I'm in need of new shockers. I get some weird clunking sound from the rear when I go over uneven roads. This car is a daily driver and I want it to be as comfortable as possible. I would really appreciate if I could get opinion of what suspension is good ? I want the car to sit a little lower without affecting the comfort too much. I've had greddy and tein coilovers before and they are stiff as hell.

- Coilvers
    - Shocks + Springs
    - Standard shocks + lowered springs ?

I also need to install a new alarm system. Locked the car with the remote tonight and then the remote wouldn't turn on so I used the key to open the doors. Could not start the car and the previous owner did not pick up the phone so in the end, I had to hot wire the damm car. I just wanted to get some recommendations on which remote is good and reliable ? Cost and also the price of installation ?

Also 2 of the demister lines in the rear window don't work. Anyway to fix this ?

Final issue - My speedometer seems a little off. I use my GPS to gauge the speed. I know the GPS is quite accurate as I have put them in 2 other cars. It is generally about 2 kms off from the GPS. However with the civic, it is around 5-6 kms different.
    Last edited by dciisir; 23-04-2011 at 02:17 AM.