Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array

4x100 to 4x114.3

hey guys,

whats a cheap option for 4x100 to 4x114.3 conversions?

seen adaptors on ebay for $150! are they safe?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    adaptors dont cut it, go with a proper hub conversion, the problem lies in the thickness, it changes the whole offset, u would need weak offset rims too run them under the guards
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    adapters is fine... ive had a friend use one for 2 years and nothing went wrong...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    Can I ask why you would want to?

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    wheel choice perhaps... maybe the wheels he wants is only in 4x114... maybe he wants to be a sick****?

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9
    my guess would be that either the rim he wants doesn't come in 4x100 or he can get cheap 4x113's.

Adapters/spacers aren't super dangerous if installed right, you just have to know that you can't run big power or toque through them. In the end they are just another link in the chain that can break.
    '05 Accord Euro Luxury 'Sports', Hah!

Looking For Wing-less CL9 Graphite Boot - Willing to discuss trade for boot with wing!

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

adapter is dangerous mate, better to change the rotor and drum and the whole lot rather do a cheap job coz its about breaking enforcement , just becareful when coming down to this

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by babiiiiiiiiiii View Post
    adapter is dangerous mate, better to change the rotor and drum and the whole lot rather do a cheap job coz its about breaking enforcement , just becareful when coming down to this
    any real evidence to prove this? just curious, ppl talk about adaptors/spacers, yet i have to see any real hard evidence to prove they are bad
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Your wheels are balanced hub-centric because that should be the dead center of the wheel. OE wheels are centered by the hub, but because aftermarket wheels are made for a variety of vehicles, the center hole of the wheel is usually larger than your hub. This requires your lugs to center the wheel which even with the correct lugs to match the taper of your wheel, it may not center, thus causing a vibration. Now, when you add spacers, you are increasing the likely hood of a balance problem because they make it more difficult for the wheel to center itself. They also put more stress on the lugs. Longer studs and ET lug nuts help keep it secure, but try holding a book in close to your body then hold it straight out. The further you move the weight away, the heaver it will get.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Well, in actual fact, all decent spacers/adapters are hubcentric, especially if you get custom made ones, you specify the od diamter of the hub on the car, and the id of the wheel hub, and they make up the adapters to these specs.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this sort of setup.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by babiiiiiiiiiii View Post
    Your wheels are balanced hub-centric because that should be the dead center of the wheel. OE wheels are centered by the hub, but because aftermarket wheels are made for a variety of vehicles, the center hole of the wheel is usually larger than your hub. This requires your lugs to center the wheel which even with the correct lugs to match the taper of your wheel, it may not center, thus causing a vibration. Now, when you add spacers, you are increasing the likely hood of a balance problem because they make it more difficult for the wheel to center itself. They also put more stress on the lugs. Longer studs and ET lug nuts help keep it secure, but try holding a book in close to your body then hold it straight out. The further you move the weight away, the heaver it will get.
    thats the theory, indeed, but when put into practice, any hard evidence to prove it? pictures tell 1000 words lol
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC