Member Array
    Car:
    DB6

exedy sport tuff normal or heavy duty

hey guys i got a exeddy sport tuff clutch and pressure plate ( pink ) for my honda civic eg. d series . accordding to the internet it is a heavy duty clutch but on my car it seems pretty soft just like oem. the clutch has been bleed heaps, no air left.

soo my question is. is it a HD or normal ?

Heavy duty clutch will make your pedal feel slightly lighter.

That's the case when I bought my BB6 3 years ago...The previous clutch was worn but I instantly noticed a lighter pedal after the Exedy HD was installed...

After the new clutch is broken in the pedal will feel slightly heavier...
    Last edited by migoreng; 25-04-2011 at 07:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    how come when i drive my mates car, em1 (b16) , dc4 (b18), dc2 (b18) its very hard to press in and springs out, you call feel it pushing back out when releasing ?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    When was it put in? My OEM clutch was replaced almost 2 years ago and is still very heavy under the foot, whereas my HD clutch in my JDM B16A CRX is quite soft too just like your's lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    i have USDM exedy O.E clutch with Exedy 12lbs Racing flywheel and its medium weight

i have driven HKS HD clutch that was light as hell and a USDM Stage 2 exedy which was heavy .... they are all different

as long as its doing its job i would be happy that you wont get a sore foot in traffic =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    ^ So true. Sometimes I end up just sitting in neutral because I'm too tired after work (I pretty much power-walk 6-7 hours per shift).

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    my clutch was put in on friday and bleed my clutch on sat.

like on my car idm if its hard to press down or not. but it doesnt spring up as hard as a hd should. i driven a d series eg today with a exeddy oem replacement. and that clutch sprung back more.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    my american exedy O.E replacement is sorta in between the australian OEM and australian HD
    that along with the american exedy flywheel feels only a touch heavier than stock on my D15b7
    i have a mutch cleaner/stronger/quicker/controlled engagement now tho
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

I have put in the exact clutch in my EG and it's normal, mine is like that too...

I was expecting it to be a bit harder and springy but it felt just like OEM. Seems to bite pretty hard though on the launch which is the most important thing. I wouldn't be too worried...

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    ^^^ wot he said.
    Deano.